cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording to be effective for multiple batches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is an extension to my previous query.

As explained we have inspection type 03 activated. The production order is of say 100 bags. Each bag is individual batch. That means, in an order there will be 100 batches.

Now the inspection is carried out when the bags are getting filled (batches are yet to be created but we can have the numbers for the batches as those are externally assigned). The sample is taken from 10 bags each & record the results for that sample. These results are effective for those 10 bags or 10 batches.

Now when these batches will be picked up for SO delivery. I need to pull these results in a customized report which is batch specific. I am using inspection point 150.

I can only use inspection type 03.

Guide how to map this.

Mimiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marwadi,

I have already done those settings. System is prompting me the dialog box. I give input for inspection point also. But my basic query remains same. The results recorded here are applicable for 10 bags or batches. How to establish this relation as the inspection lot remains unique.

Please help.

Mimiri

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I think you want to do is not possible with standard SAP. You want to have one inspection with an inspection point every ten bags. Then when you ship material you want to create a COA using the results of the inspection points used to inspect those particular bags. So if you make 100 bags, you will have ten inspection points. If you ship bags 31-60 you want to report on the coa the average of inspection points 4,5 and 6. Is this correct?

If so, standard SAP won't handle that. You could make every ten bags a batch and have one inspection lot per ten bags. Then no problem. Everything is standard.

But to do as you want, you could create a new results origin FM for your COA to pick up the correct inspection point values and return the averages. That would be pretty standard. What I see as the problem is how will the cert know which bags you are shipping? Where are you going to define the bag numbers? Is this in the delivery somewhere? If you have a place to define that, you could grab that info and make it available to the custom FM. The other problem you'll have to resolve is what if I ship bags 23-28 and bags 38-44 to a customer? What combination of results would I give and would the result be a weighted average?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello FireFighter,

You got it right.

For your information every bag will be unique batch. So one bag= one batch. But the problem is we are inspecting sample representing 10 bags or batches on inspection point. How to link these batch numbers to inspection points? If it would have been one: one relation then it would have been very easy cos I could have have opt for valuation plus confirmation and creation of partial lot & batch number, but that is not possible in our case.

Now answer to your another query, 'The other problem you'll have to resolve is what if I ship bags 23-28 and bags 38-44 to a customer? What combination of results would I give and would the result be a weighted average? '. The answer is if I could establish relation between results & batch then I can pull it in batch characteristic. So whenever I pick up the multiple batches I can pick the data from characteristic itself & have the average value in the COA.

I am finding sure way to tackle this issue. I hope there must be something, either standard or work around cos this is normal industry practice.

Gurus help me to resolve this.

Mimiri

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We aren't talking regular bags here are we? You are really talking about super sacks aren't you?

Since you make each bag a batch, then you are probably defining these batches on your delivery in the batch split items.

So I think all you need to do is create a results origin function module. I'm assuming that from the batch number you have some means to identify which sampling point the bag came from. The results origin FM would for each characteristic then go out and get the data from the appropriate IP's. One result for each bag and then return the average. Or, you could report out each bag individually if you want.

You should be able to do this using the standard COA program and modifying the sapscript for the printing.

FF

Answers (0)