Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure WD Application Login as LogonWithAlias

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to configure a WebDynpro ABAP Application such a way that while log in when it asks for log in , It asks for Alias and password ( Rather than current option of User name and password ).

Can anyone guide me on how can this be done?

P.S. I will run this WD application in stand alone mode.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Found the solution myself.

In the service in SICF:

- In log on data under authentication , specify Internet User

This will accept Alias and password instead of user name and password.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Why do you have such a requirement .

What will be the userid which will be used by the way.

and obvisouly if the userid is fixed passord will be same for everybody accessing the application.

However, what you can do in this case is.

Create a view which accepts alias and password as the first page in the application. (You have to make custom page because

as far as i know there is know such configuration to make login screen automatically just asking for password in WDA.)

and check values entered with some cutom table entires. and then navigate to the next page.

Now what else you need is removal of the default login screen to make application available without login screen asking for

userid and password.

For this go to transaction SICF and go to your service , then double click and go to the logon data tab.

there give some service user's id and password.

this will run the application without the default logon screen and first screen will be your custom screen having alias and

password.

Thanks

sarbjeet singh

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

since your application is in stand alone mode.....so you can have a z'table' for it having two fields username and password.....for fields make domains and set the values in value range and then you can check the condition in your program according to the value selected...

and then make a node in your wda application and map these two firlds with it...accordingly map it in the layout.

regards,

sahai.s