cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order status is showing open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created one Sales Order and completed invoice. The accounting document is posted.

Here the status of Sales Order,Invoice,accounting document is showing completed & cleared in the document flow.

I have created Credit memo request with reference to above Invoice and released the document to accounting

If you check the Document flow all the documents are in completed & Cleared status

But when i created the Credit memo request with reference to the above Sales Order and completed the invoice here when i check the document flow the Sales Order is status is Open and rest all the documents status as Completed.

I have checked the copy controls and also the document types but defaulted to get the status of Sales Order into Completed.

Could any one suggest me where i can check such that the status of Sales Order becomes complete

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created a credit memo for all the quantity that you delivered to the customer ?

Still (in any case) I think it is logical to keep the sales order open. The reason being, you have invoiced the customer for X amount. Then, you have passed on a credit memo to the customer for say Y amount. (Say X > Y). So, still the sales order has some quantity that needs to be billed to the customer i.e. X-Y. So, sales order in my opinion should be open.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using a credit memo request with reference to a sales order, then you have to update the completion rule for the item category of the credit memo erquest. As of now, thsi may be empty. Please check the IC of the CMR, update it with correct value for Completion rule B or C. Now try the same transaction, the completion status will be correctly updated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

I checked the Item Category of Credit memo request and changes the completion rule from B to C vise versa, but still the status of the document is showing as Open.

I am trying to check the document types, Item categories and copy controls.

If any one having any idea on this one could you please revert back the same.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards

Amajthpasha

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are checking copy control , for the relevant Item category, check if the Update document flow field has the X value. If not make it as X and then create a new transaction to test as old transaction will not show the effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes in the field update document flow "X" has been maintained.

But the status is not updated in the document flow and still it is showing open in the sales order.

Is there any field which we have to check other than Item categories and copy controls for updating the status.

If any one know please revert back the same

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards

Amjathpasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

please complete the process of Credit Memo Request and check that sales order should show in COMPLETED STATUS.

please check and update the forum

balajia