cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure a new third party sales document type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SD gurus,

I am new to the SAP world, I need your help in configuring a new third party sales document type for a site.

There are existing third party document types being used in the region, but the client wants an entirely new third party document type that is activated for CREDIT MANAGEMENT.

I just need your inputs, as how to go about it. If I copy from an existing third party sales doc. What additional steps do I need to follow? Like Item category config, copy control settings, and credit management.

Is there a need to create new billing types?

Also as per process, by creating a new document type, how will it affect the logistic processes, if any?

Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable inputs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create a New sales document type and assign the item category TAS to your order type.

And make your sure that you configure the required steps like adding the sales doc type relevant credit check etc.

I think you can use the existing billing type for the new order type

Assign the sales document type to your sales area

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you copy document automatically all item categories n assignments will copied so no need to do again, if u r client requires new billng type again copy from existing billing doc, bt we r using standards only.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the valuable input. Now in sandbox system, i have tried to copy an existing third party order with all copy control settings as remained, system has assigned it to other sites too.

Pls help me in

1st- How can i restrict it to be copied only to particular sales area.

2nd- Following the suggested path, will there be any impact on existing SD/MM process, like subsequent PR/PO/MIGO etc or any other linked process.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies,

Actually the client was using a third party doc type that was used at regional level. and other region did not want to get it activated for credit management, thats why they need a new one for their site only.

If i got you right, then if i copy from an existing third party doc type and keep the same billing types that was being used earlier, in that case i need to assign only to sales area, get it credit managed, item category assignment.

I need little info and confirmation about the copy control, as although the billing is same doc type but the order will be a complte new one.

Please confirm/suggest the steps.

Thank u very much in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create new document type under following customization path

SPRO>>Sales and Distribution>>Sales>>Sales Documents>>Define Sales Document Types

Now create new document type by copying the standard document type OR

Now go to

SPRO>>Sales and Distribution>>Sales>>Sales Documents>>Sales Document Item>>Define Item Categories

which is already defined for third party sales (TAS)

Now assign this iteme category to your new document type

SPRO>>Sales and Distribution>>Sales>>Sales Documents>>Sales Document Item>>Assign Item Categories

Assignment needs to be done in combination of sales document type and item category group (BANS)

Now

SPRO>>Sales and Distribution>>Sales>>Sales Documents>>Schedule Lines

Assignment of schedule line is already done as you are using the standard one.

Lastly, you may need to maintain copy control for your newly created sales document type for this go to

SPRO>>Sales and Distribution>>Sales>>Maintain Copy Control for Sales Documents

(Copying Control: Sales Document to Sales Document)

Here you can define copy control requirements.

BR,

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the following OSS notes for third party sales customization.

550388, 210455 , 549365

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=193691913

Br,

Tushar