Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with SNC

uwe_gerger
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I very new to SNC, but I would like to know why the communication to and from SNC is based on XML and there is no possiblity to send and receive for example IDOCs from SNC (for example to ERP systems)?

So the final question is why do I need a PI to send and receive messages from/to SAP SNC?

Is there a technical view of the internals of the SAP SNC?

Thanks and regards,

Uwe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

uwe_gerger
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

does the SNC as well contain the technical possibilities to send EDI messages via oftp or EDIFact to the suppliers? Is this communication established using the PI?

Thanks and regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe

SNC cannot send EDI messages, Yes it is achieved using the PI

Best Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

It seems I joined this conversation little late. My curent client also has same issue retalted to SNC integration. They already use one EAI tool /communication interface other than PI. So I need to find out if i can use same communication interface EAI tool for SNC.

Were you able to integrate your existing EAI tool to SNC

Thanks

Arun

uwe_gerger
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

thanks for your detailed answer regarding the communications with SNC.

As I understand the PI is the communication interface to SNC and converts all the messages to/from SNC to XML. It makes no sense to avoid the PI. But is it possible and meaningful to us another EAI toll, which we have already in use in our company? What are the advantages of using the PI instead of another EAI tool? Introducing the PI in our company create extra costs....

My question "Is there a technical view of the internals of the SAP SNC?" aimed to an internal view of the components which build together the SNC.

Thanks and regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe

Official recommendation from SAP is to use XI/PI system for communication, and it is always supported from SAP, if in case any problem is encountered

Also it is easy to communiicate between two sap systems with XI/PI

If you are using any other EAI tool like microsofts biztalk, TIBCO. You need to develop the entire message communication for consuming the services from SNC. No support from SAP

Regretting, i could not understand your last question.

Lets wait if someone can throw light on the same

Best Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Kumar Pedapati on Feb 3, 2011 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe

why the communication to and from SNC is based on XML and there is no possiblity to send and receive for example IDOCs from SNC (for example to ERP systems)?

SNC is a Internet-based software application designed to collaborate amongst suppliers,customers,third party, contract manufacturers and their suppliers and increase the overall speed, accuracy, and adaptiveness of your supply network

Now each partner/company may use different technical message formats, All these formats needs to be translated to a format which SNC can understand, i.e XML

You need the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI) or PI , which transforms messages of any format to SNC XML.

So SNC provides central platform where all of the supply chain partners can collaborate.

Most important part is all SNC communications follow Rosettanet standards.

why do I need a PI to send and receive messages from/to SAP SNC?

Its simple to communicate in one language, and its good to have PI cause to translate back to the respective companys message format.

Is there a technical view of the internals of the SAP SNC?

Can you elaborate little more

Best Regards

Vinod