cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u201CConfirmed allocation Quantity" : - GATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts;

We have 3 key figures in our Product allocation planning book. Planned allocation Quantity, Confirmed allocation Quantity and Remaining allocation Quantity.

Planned allocation quantity is updated via final forecast from demna planning, but I want to find out, how the u201CConfirmed allocation Quantity" KF is updated ?.

There are no documents regarding this, any clue how we can find this ?

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The confirmed quantity is usually updated automatically, if you have set a flag "connection to planning area" in the product allocation group definition. Check the F1 Help for this flag and the SAP help documentation about further details.

Your allocation customizing has to be complete to enable this aumatic upload to the planning area if an sales order with product allocation check is saved in APO.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Could yo uplease let me know where to check the flag "connection to planning area" in the product allocation group definition.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Assuming your are doing direct update to planning area,

IMG > Advanced Planning and Optimization > Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) > Product Allocation > Maintain Product Allocation Group. Select Group, change, select checkbox "Check Planning Area"

or

Assuming you are copying back and forth to the Planning area, then

IMG > Advanced Planning and Optimization > Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) > Product Allocation > Maintain Connection to Planning Area

Check this out for more details

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S57_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Best Regards,

DB49

Edited by: Dogboy49 on Feb 3, 2011 11:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

When I checked the setting # 1 : - IMG > Advanced Planning and Optimization > Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) > Product Allocation > Maintain Product Allocation Group. Select Group, change, select checkbox "Check Planning Area".

The Checkbox, doesnt have the tick, is that the reason the confirmed allocation quantities are not updated in GATP planning book ?

But, when I checked the setting # 2, "Maintain Connection to Planning Area", the Product Allocation groups are assigned to planning area too...

Please help, I am bewildered...

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Edited by: Rahul Chitte on Feb 8, 2011 2:27 AM

Edited by: Rahul Chitte on Feb 8, 2011 2:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

If it is your business requirement to directly update the planning area during allocation, then you must select 'check planning area'. Bear in mind that in this case, whenever you are maintaining the planning book in 'change' mode, you will not be able to ATP your orders. This is a usually a showstopper in many companies.

In such companies, one copies both CVCs and Data (such as incoming order qty) back and forth between planning area and allocation group. In this way, you can manage your allocation situation in the planning book, and when you have finalized your allocation plan, you can copy it into the allocation group, where it is immediately usable.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

Yes, you are correct, we had been the victim of "Show stopper" case before. So, there was a customization done on the program /SAPAPO/RMQUOT_PAREA_READ. A similar like program was created where each material was addded under the product allocation group (which acts a variant)

We have the above metioned program as well as the customized program running in background as a job to update the planning area.... but some how now its not been happening for some materials. ... Can you deem, any other clue to fix this .. please help

Secondly, I want to execute transaction ; /SAPAPO/ATPQ_CHKUSG - Product Allocation Assignment Check, which option should i choose out of 4 options & what's SR_PLUID on that screen ?

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Edited by: Rahul Chitte on Feb 8, 2011 2:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Well it is unclear to me the business reasoning behind the enhancement to your customized program. However, it sounds like you are not doing direct checking in the PA, you are using the copy technique. The program that you have enhanced normally copies data from the planning area to the allocation group, which is not where you say the problem lies. I will assume for the moment that this program is not the cause of your problem.

Here are the six steps that need to be done in order to maintain consistency between Allocation group and PA, using the copy technique:

1. Copy CVCs to from PA to Allocation group: /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_K

2. Create Collective CVCs within the Allocation Group: /SAPAPO/ATPQ_COLLECT

3. Copy updated list of CVCs back to PA: /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_C

The above steps only need to be done if there have been any changes to CVCs (add/change/delete).

4. Once CVCs are perfectly synchronized, now you can copy the latest allocation data (key figure info) from the group into the PA, you normally do this just before you wish to perform allocation maintenance/planning: /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_W

5. Open your book(s) and perform any maintenance required. The latest data from the Allocation group should now appear in the planning area, including current 'incoming order qty' (AEMENGE in the Product allocation Group, you will have mapped it to another KF in your PA). Save the finalized allocation plan.

6. Copy the updated plan into the allocation group : /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_R

I suspect that you may have some CVC mismatch between PA and allocation group. If you follow the above sequence (all 6 steps), it would solve that problem.

Since you have already customized at least one program, you might also want to look at every enhancement in this area.

Less likely, but also possible, look in your macro books to see if you are just mapping AEMENGE KF directly to your "Confirmed Allocation Qty" KF (this would be the most common mapping method). There may be a Macro at work in the book performing intermediate steps, possibly manipulating this KF, adding to the puzzle.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Reg. the customized program its used to update Product Alloc. group to Planning area.

Apologise I mentioned the other way around in my previous post.

The 6 steps mentioned by you, is scattered as mentioned below :

We have a job running thrice a day :

/SAPAPO/RMQUOT_PAREA_READ : - PA to Prod.Allo.Grp (Tcode: /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_R - Copy Data from Plan. Area )

Z_RMQUOT_PAREA_WRITE ( Customized ) : Prod.Allo. Grp to PA

On Sundays :

/SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN

/SAPAPO/RMQUOT_PAREA_CR : - ( Tcode:- /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_K - Characteristics Combination from Planning Area )

/SAPAPO/RTSCOPY : - DP PA to GATP PA ( Final forecast from DP To GATP )

Do you see any inconsistency here ?

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I do not see anything in these steps that are creating the collective characteristics. This may not be causing your problem, but it can affect how your atp does/does not work.

The inconsistency I mentioned that should concern you is related to CVCs that exist in one place but not in another. You can see this by creating a listing of CVCs for the Allocation Group and for the Planning area, and comparing the two listings offline. However, if you want to avoid this work, just follow the steps 1-6 I outlined. The sequence is important. Do not consider your regular jobs for right now, we are in 'repair' mode.

I cannot predict what will happen in your system if you do/do not replace the 'std' program with your 'custom' program when you follow my sequence.

According to your description of your customized program, it is evidently filtering the data that gets copied to the PA. Could this be an issue?

To see a listing of AG CVCs: /SAPAPO/ATPQ_CHKCHAR

To see a listing of PA CVCs: /SAPAPO/MC62

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

I still looking for this how to resolve.

I am planning to do your 6 mentioned steps above, after the business hours. I just want to make sure that, it wont have any bad impact in the system or not ?

Please write back

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Edited by: Rahul Chitte on Feb 23, 2011 2:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I reiterate that I do not know the purpose or functionality of your Z_RMQUOT_PAREA_WRITE. I therefore cannot advise if you should use the custom program, or use the standard.

Naturally, you will test this in a Sandbox or Dev or Qual system, before attempting this in production. Right?

In a standard system, using the standard programs, the only data that should be changed/added/deleted is spurious data. if you have doubts, backup the contents of the Allocation group and the planning area before you begin.

Good Luck & Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for prompt reply.

If I can recollect the program " Z_RMQUOT_PAREA_WRITE" was customised in long ago, to avoid the "show stopper issue". the tick on "Check planning area".

Secondly, confirmed allocation quantity is been getting updated for few material, for few materials its blank still there is a sales in ECC.

The same issue is not found in quality environement as, the confirmed allocation KF is been updated.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB,

I am still facing the issue.

To perform the 6 steps mentioned above by you, do we need the "Check Planning Area" tick ?

Right now we do not have "Check PA" tick for any of the Product allocation group, is that mandatory to have that tick, secondly what else (configuration) to check to run these steps.

Regards

Rahul Chitte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

To perform the 6 steps mentioned above by you, do we need the "Check Planning Area" tick ?

No.

Right now we do not have "Check PA" tick for any of the Product allocation group, is that mandatory to have that tick, secondly what else (configuration) to check to run these steps.

You have already demonstrated in your qual system that you do not need to have this checkbox set to facilitate the movement of confirmed qtys (incoming order qty) into the Planning area.

I will assume that you have validated that the (successful) config in your qual client is identical to the config in your prod client. This tells you that config is not the issue.

I can't give you a definitive answer since you are using enhanced coding. However, when config is 'OK', and functionality is 'not ok', it usually means that something in prod is inconsistent. This could be a problem with PA or with allocation or master data.

Some easy things to try:

Reset time stamp for allocation objects and regenerate code. FYI you should always do this every time you use a transport to move allocation into prod. /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_RESET and /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_GENER. After, run the check program /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_CHECK. No reds!

Reactivate (but don't deactivate first, unless you are willing to lose your PA data) your Master planning object structure. /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN. Re-create your times series for your Planning area, same transaction.

Regenerate all Macro planning books attached to your PA. /SAPAPO/ADVM

Ensure that your custom programs and any userexits are identical between qual and prod. Ensure that the coding within any userexits or z programs logically does not prevent the functionality you require. This is the area I suspect is causing your problem.

Since you are getting differing results between products, look for inconsistencies with your product master data between 'OK' products and 'not OK' products.

Beyond this, you need to do detailed troubleshooting, which is beyond the scope of this forum. If there is no-one available locally who can assist, raise a message with SAP.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49.

Answers (0)