Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Access Control 10 (Hardware Sizing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

I have been trying to get some server specs going for GRC 10 but as it is still in Ramp-up there isn't alot of documentation available. I'm a look for a similar document to the "Sizing SAP GRC Access Control, Version 5.3" where it speaks specifically to sizing guidelines per AC component as this speaks more specifically to numbers rather than the standard sizing guide.

Can someone who is currently in ramp-up or is planning GRC AC 10 or has come across better documentation then what can be found under service.sap.com/instguides please share possible hardware requirements.

As well is there any additional components tied into GRC AC 10 that was not previously as needed... for example BOBJ, Crystal Reports, Adobe forms, etc...

Thanks,

Ben Grobler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ben

As GRC AC is based on NW 7.02 SP 6(or above )below mentioned configuration should be enough :

1. Minimum disk space : 4 GB

2. Minimum RAM : 6 GB

3. English 64-bit version of one of the following Windows Server :

a. Windows Server 2003

b. Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

c. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

d. Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition

4. SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008 (R2) Enterprise Edition

Best Regards

Asheesh

6 REPLIES 6

luis_bustamante
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ben,

The official guideline for AC 10.0 will be released once the solution is in General Availability. The following preliminary guideline for test purposes could be used for an AC instance:

Assumption is a ruleset of around 50000 rules.

Small u2013 1-3 backend systems with 10,000 users

Medium u2013 Between 3 and 10 backend systems and 25,000 users

Large u2013 10+ backend systems with 50,000+ users

Category, Minimum Disk Space, Minimum SAPS

Small, 400 GB, 2000 SAPS

Medium, 600 GB, 4000 SAPS

Large, 1000 GB, 8000 SAPS

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the response and the preliminary guideline for test purposes for an AC instance. I am aware that the offical guide and documentation will only be released once the solution is in general availability however I am just looking for some very general guidelines. Do you have similar for memory and cpu?

Regards,

Ben Grobler

0 Kudos

Ben,

The CPU should be chosen based on the SAPS in my previous message. I don't really have a guidance on the memory, my team is currently running a demo server (based on the small category) with 8GB with no problems.

Luis

0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the feedback.

Other than the NetWeaver 7.2 SP6 requirement is there any additional components needed. I am trying to figure out how a migration form a current client running 5.2 or 5.3 would be when upgrading to 10.

Best scenario would probably be to do a new clean installation of NetWeaver (dual stack needed for certain functionality or only ABAP?) and then migrate the data via the SAP Migration Tool?

I also saw that there might be some additional components as with PC & RM? BOBJ, Crystal Reports & Adobe pages?

Your feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben Grobler

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

AC 10.0 only required an ABAP stack so I would recommend a clean installation and then you can do the migration from 5.3.

There are some other components which are optional depending on your requirements:

1. Adobe Document Services: required in AC for the "print" button functionality, which generates a PDF document. This component runs on a Java stack but AC can leverage any ADS server available in the landscape, so no need for having a dedicate installation locally.

2. Portal 7.01/7.02. For client access, if your users access business applications through the portal we can integrate AC in there to benefit from things such as SSO. Again portal is just another client for AC and is optional. AC can be accessed directly using NWBC (web-based or fat client)

3. If implementing PC/RM then the Adobe Document Services is required for the offline form functionality.

4. In order to view Crystal reports it is only required to have a plugin installed in IE, no additional server components for that.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ben

As GRC AC is based on NW 7.02 SP 6(or above )below mentioned configuration should be enough :

1. Minimum disk space : 4 GB

2. Minimum RAM : 6 GB

3. English 64-bit version of one of the following Windows Server :

a. Windows Server 2003

b. Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

c. Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

d. Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition

4. SQL Server 2005 or SQL Server 2008 (R2) Enterprise Edition

Best Regards

Asheesh