Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Installation on HA Custer

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need to install Portal system on HA Cluster with DB2 as database and Linux Redhat as OS. I had a discussion with our hardware person on it and he said no virtual hostname configuration is possible on Linux Redhat. If this is the case then how HA Configuration of portal will be done because when my SCS and DB will move to 2nd node then host name will change as a result Java will not start.

Please advice.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_hiltscher
Participant
0 Kudos
sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Fraz for the document. I have seen this document earlier. The only confusion is this document shows virtual hostname config is possible on Linux but hardware person is saying no.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with Redhat Linux. But I know for sure that virtual hostnames are possible in SuSE Linux. We make wide use of them.

So I strongly assume they are possible in Redhat as well.

Perhaps fire your hardware person?

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... The only confusion is this document shows virtual hostname config is possible on Linux but hardware person is saying no.

remember, he is a hardware and not a software person. virtual hostnames are possible with RHEL

christoph_kurucz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

first you have to decide which ha solution you will implement IBM Tivoli System Automation or the integrated RedHat Cluster Suite from you OS.

Further information about SAP on RH ClusterSuite you can find at [RedHat|www.redhat.com/f/pdf/ha-sap-v1-6-4.pdf]. There you can find more details. You need for each SAP Instance (SCS, PAS, ERS) and DB the elements of the network stack, IP and virtual hostnames.

Kind regards

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I am facing the same issue.

Could you please tell how you set up a virtual hostname on RHEL.

Regards,

Manish

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish,

please open a new thread and post the question there. This one is already solved, hence closing it now.

Thanks, Hannes