cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while editing the project from CJ20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on capital projects, one of our open projects was created in Jan 2010 with ten WBS elements with two levels and in between we have done profit center field as mandatory field in Dec 2010. For the same project initially we didnu2019t assign the profit center, I have released the project and done some partial settlements to final asset. Now I want to assign the profit center to the particular WBS element.

When I am trying to assign the profit center to first level WBS element system is showing an error: u2018Asset xxxxxxxxx is not in Company Code xxxxu2019. If I am trying to assign the profit center to second level WBS system is showing a message: u2018Costs have been posted to WBS element XXX00079.CAP.1u2019, and not accepting, not allowing for saving the project.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system is throwing valid error that "Profit Center cannot be changed once actual costs are booked"

1. Use Screen Variant for that Particular Old Project & make the Profit Center an optional field.

2. Copy your old Project Profile to a new one & make field selection with influencing field as the new Project Profile (By this, only the new Projects will get your field mandatory effect)

Revert for implications in the above suggestions.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It ok with the message to assign the profit Center to WBS, But the other error: u2018Asset xxxxxxxxx is not in Company Code xxxxu2019. The final asset is showing it is no where related to the project and Company Code too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a thread for the mentioned error in Asset Accounting forum,Check whether the solution provided there is helping you.

When you get integrated module issues try searching in related forums too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

system is throwing valid error that "Profit Center cannot be changed once actual costs are booked"

But you need the Profit Center to be a mandatory filed now.