Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload/Download file from Portal to R3

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a custom table in our backend system.This table contains n number of fields , primary field being "Customer id".

My requirement is for every record in this table user can upload documents of any format and these documents should be stored in database corresponding to the "Customer ID" so that at later stage user can again download the file and can view this document uploaded earlier.

We do not have any Text document server in our landscape. Are their any specific BAPI which can be called for uploading /downloading the file to our custom tables.

Regards,

Namrata Dixit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

You need to define the table field type as binary and develop and RFC with one i/p parameter of binary type.

UPload:

From front end you can browse and upload the file using file upload ui element then send the binary file to the RFC input.

Download:

Get the binary format file from rfc by passing ID as parameter and download it using IWDCachedWebResource.

Regards

Deepak

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

@Govind - The link you mentioned for creating custom BAPI , does it alllows downloading the file from the server.

Regards,

Namrata Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it will .

Regards,

Govindu

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Govindu. Will implementit and raise question if face any issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We recently dveloped this feature using Custom BAPI not using any standard BAPI .

For ABAP Side , it shoudl accept the byte stream or file which i provided to ABAP and store it in the R/3

while down loading again i will convert the file to the format i required from Webdynpro.

use the below blog for ABAP FM:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/FunctionModuletoUploadandDownloadfilesfromandtoApplication+Server]

For the webdynpro side we used the below Blog :

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6603] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Govindu