cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offline validations in java script

former_member217546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi i have a requirement like i need to validate some fields in the form with out connecting to sap.can i maintain data some where like in excel sheets in my desktop can i get data from there and can i validate fields using the data,is there any option is there ,

or else can i keep some data in the java script only(arrays like that)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

When you say validation refering data from your desktop, does that mean data will change time to time ...?

if so then the best option is pass on the data to the form when its triggred. have it hidden and then validate.

As sanoosh said if the data is huge enough like MBs, and data is constant then I would go with XML data approach.

in XMl data approach, I define a XML with data respective data.

In the form I will create a XML data source for this file and will load this file to this form.

then in the form as usual i will have hiddenfields and do validate with them, if you dont want to have hidden fields, you can still refer to this data source and use it.

hope you got me.

Cheers,

Sai

former_member217546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai and Santosh,

Thank u for your quick reply,i would like to know how can i keep data in xml file and how can i read data from the file ,

could u please explain the procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

it would be clear with some images to a newbie, i would suggest go through help in Adlc

just search for data sources and then XML, you have step by step procedure there.

Cheers

Sai

former_member217546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi i have seen the procedure but xml schema and sample xml data radio buttons are desabled in new data connection.

any configuration is required.

Edited by: sudheer b on Feb 2, 2011 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

if it's disabled then its that you already had a data source for a xml type.

in designer data view check if you have any data sources.

Cheers,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Bring the data to form at the time of download. Keep it in hidden tables within the form. At the time of validation, loop the table, get the relevant data and validate. Go for this solution, only if the data volume is less.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh