Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

on 640/700 you find it in the Visual Administrator, see the help.sap.com document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/53/75b3407e73c57fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

as of 710 you can also find it in NWA:

Navigation: http://<host>:<port>/nwa u2013 Configuration Management u2013 Infrastructure u2013 Java System Properties u2013 Component Build Service

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi flemingnett,

1. you need to point in the CBS Service Settings the BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME to the highest JDK, this case you put there the path of your JDK1.6 like e.g. /opt/jdk16 or e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk16, etc. So this parameter takes only one value.

2. in the same CBS service settings for the parameter JDK_HOME_PATHS you need to list of all the possible JDK releases like 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6. This is necessary since your track will decide which one of these to use. See the syntax in my previous thread entry.

3. If in your track you have 700 dependent SCs, then you'll create a build variant pointing to JDK1.4.2_HOME (and then this of course tells the "details" in your JDK_HOME_PATHS, since that is pointing to the real path where your JDK1.4 can be found)

Analogously if you have an other track where you develop for 710, then you specify the build variant JDK1.5.0_HOME there, and if you have again an other track where you have 720 or 730 development, for those track you specify the build variant JDK1.6.0_HOME.

So you see that you specify the JDK in always "2-steps". Once you tell the track which JDK<version>_HOME parameter to use, and then in the CBS service settings you specify where are the locations of these JDKs (using the JDK_HOME_PATHS parameter).

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to find the location of JDKs (using the JDK_HOME_PATHS parameter) used for the CBS services

where to find it..navigation pls

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi flemingnett ,

let me also point out some further hints:

BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME and JDK_HOME_PATHS

-

BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME = <path to highest JDK>

JDK_HOME_PATHS = JDK1.3.1_HOME=<path of jdk131>;JDK1.4.2_HOME=<path of jdk142>;JDK1.5.0_HOME=<path of jdk150>JDK1.6.0_HOME=<path of jdk160>;default=<path of the JDK as default>

Some simple rules with examples:

-

- for BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME you simply enter the path to your JDK, e.g.: /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142

- for JDK_HOME_PATHS you have to follow the scheme "key=value" e.g.: JDK_1.4.2_HOME=/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142

- for BUILD_TOOL_JDK_HOME you always specify the highest JDK,

- for JDK_HOME_PATHS you list the available JDKs.

- JRE is not allowed, specify always JDK!

See also the note

#1402901 - Java Build VM Settings on CBS

and the help.sap.com document:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/53/75b3407e73c57fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi flemingnett ,

If you set up the CBS service's JDK_HOME_PATHS accordingly, then yes.

However for the sake of security I'd recommend simply just JDK1.6.0_HOME, there's no need to put the subversion (here "21") into the parameter name. This case of course the JDK_HOME_PATHS must also obviously include the key value JDK1.6.0_HOME.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

you want to say that we must use the existing set up of CBS services JDK_HOME_PATHS as variant for JDK..right?

How to check it .

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi flemingnett ,

here you go:

How To... Setup an NWDI Track for Composition Environment Developments

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be341781...

This includes the same information you are looking for. In the example of this guide it goes about JDK1.5, but analogously, following the guide you can set the buildvariant for JDK1.6, i.e. if I am right, in order to achieve that you can develop for 720 or 730.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we use the same variant path for 1.6.021 as well

com.sap.jdk.home_path_key=JDK1.6.021_HOME