cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC: Dataloss when switching tabs/transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing NWBC 3.0 (PL1 Final Release), to see if I can find any use for it, in regards to ease the user expierience for the endusers.

I have the NWBC up and running, and have configured some roles for testing purposes.

My problem is, that when I switch transaction/tab, the data is lost, without the system prompting me to save the data.

Let me give an example:

I am assigned the role: SAP_BPR_SALESPERSON-S.

I click Sales Order/Create Sales Order, the VA01 transaction is launched in the canvas. I select ordertype etc, and start to enter data, eg. sold to partner, and items.

If I then, without saving or finishing the order, click on for instance the Sales support, to create a sales activity, all the info on the order is lost, as VC01n now shows up on the canvas, without prompting me to save the order u2013 which causes all the data I entered in the VA01 to be lost.

Is the the intended way it should work, or am I missing a setting?

I know that I can Ctrl-click to open a transaction in at new window u2013 but for once it is not very intuitive for the user, and secondly it will leave the user with lots and lots of windows open.

My SAP GUI is version 7.10 SP 19, my ERP is 6.0 EHP4 SP06, and kernel is 7.01 SP06

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

for the first, please update the nwbc 3 on btoh sides, the abap side and the frontend side.

Please install the NWBC3 Patch level 4 on your frontend.

On the Backend, please implement the note

1. 1552156

Then you have all the latest patches for the NWBC 3.

This will sove many problems in the NWBC3.

best regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sven,

Thank you for the prompt answer - I have upgraded my client now, and is downloading and implementing the note you refered to.

I will get back to you about if it solved my problem,

regards

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I have now applied the notes, and it seems like the problem persist.

So I still have the situation, that when I switch transaction/tab, the data is lost, without the system prompting me to save the data.

But the notes has probaly solved alot of other problems, and it made a big difference on the perfor-mance of the NWBC u2013 so thank for the hint anyway.

Best regards,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders,

ok... then please open a OSS message in BC-WD-CLT-BUS.

PLease describe in detail how can we reproduce this issue.

Screenshots are very welcome!

we then will analyse the issue.

best regards

Sven

petri_khknen2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sven/Anders

We have been playing with NWBC 3.0 too, and found this same issue.

Do you have any news on how to resolve this ?

Thanks & Regards

Petri

Answers (0)