cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to automatically assemble inventory id?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have loaded a bunch of inventory identities.

Is it possible in an operation to automatically choose and assemble one of these inventory id's that

has not yet been assembled.

Br,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use the Trackable SFC option for inventory to avialable automatically so that you dont have enter /scan evertime .The trackable SFC would create an empty router .

Hope i answered your question !

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

question number one: BT_KEY_DATA adds on additional fields of

HB_ID: 3743

HB_ID_SEQ: 10657986

LICENSE_KEY: NONE

question number 2: We proform this assembly through a testing program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to change Data to collect assembly to INV or INV_SFC,

We are currently doing this with what we call a Mac_address ours look like this on the build tab

Data to Collect on Assembly: INV_SFC

Data to Collect on Removal: NONE

Data to Collect on Inventory Receipt: BT_KEY_DATA (this maybe unique to us)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting.

1) What data fields on the BT_KEY_DATA in inventory receipt connected to?

2) Can you use your mac-address solution so that the operator does not manually have to choose which mac-address to use?

Br,

Johan

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

The slot config association with the Resource would ensure that it wil only pick Inventory located there. If you can query fior an Inventory ID I suppose you could also include inventory location in your query. But if you don't care which inventory ID is picked, then perhaps an alternative would be to make the assembly data type = 'NONE' so it is auto assembled by the Auto Assemble Component hook and avoid the system having to make a guess.

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried your suggestion but I don't get an inventory id connected at all when I use the auto assemble hook.

I have done the following:

1) Loaded 5 inventory id's for material A with each having Qty on hand = 1

2) In material maintenance for A,

Lot size = 1,

Qty multiplier = 1,

Qty Restriction = Only 1.0

Data to collect on Assembly = NONE

3) In Bom Maintenance for product BBB I have

- Added a line for material A in assembly operation XXX. Assembled qty = 1, Assembly Data Type = NONE

4) In Operation maintenance for operation XXX I have

- Added the activity hook AUTOASSY_COMPONENT as hook point = POST_START

4) Created a shop order for product BBB that uses the BOM with Material A

5) Created an SFC for the shop order

6) Run the SFC through the routing to operation XXX where I have started and completed the SFC.

After these steps when looking in the as-built for the SFC I see that material A has been assembled but I have got no

connected Inventory ID.

Have I missed any step or done something wrong with the set-ups?

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Johan,

Your scenario is correct: this is how the system works in case of NONE assy data type - there is no association of INV ID with actual components.

Time-based assembly will be a solution for you in case if your INV IDs are of some huge qty e.g. 100 or 1000. Then it is reasonable to load it to the slot of resource and proceed with TB assembly.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems that it's a tough nut to crack.

Let me explain in words what I am trying to do and see if you have any ideas if there is another

way of working than to use inventory id's.

I have a pool of available Ethernet-addresses that shall be connected to an SFC. Each Ethernet-address can

only be used once. I want this connection between the SFC and the Ethernet-address automated because

that is how it is working today with the current MES-system we are using.

I was really hoping for the inventory id's, but if it means manual steps to assemble then it is not much of an option.

Do you know any other approach?

Br,

Johan

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Could this idea work for you?

Create a single Inventory ID for your batch of Inventory, with qty = the total batch qty.

Create Slot Config ID and load this Inv ID as a time based component at your resource.

Hook SLOT_QTY_DECREMENT so it will decrement the inventory qty and cause an error when the available qty runs out. If you don't want to use this hook it will also work, it just won't track the available qty and won't stop you going over the qty.

Traceabilty will then be at the batch Inv ID level (since you don't know which actual piece was used).

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and thanks for the answer.

Andrew: I had already thought about the time based, but that will still include one manual step to load the inventory id to

the slot. I was hoping there would exist some kind of automatic assembly activity hook. We are changing from

another MES-system to SAP ME and in the other MES-system this is handled automatically without the operator

having to do manual work.

Another idea I have is to write a separate program that will query SAP ME through Web-services. I can't seem to find

any web-service to use to query for Inventory ID's. Do you know if this is possible?

Br,

Johan

0 Kudos

Johan,

It seems as if you want that an operator does not have to select INV ID at all but rather he just has to start and complete SFC. In this case the stop condition for this automatic assembly is no available INV ID for the component at all. If my understanding is correct, then it is not possible in the current implementation.

Regards,

Sergiy