cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any effect of VAT Registration Number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any effect on TAX Code Determination in sales order

if we do not maintain the VAT Registration number in customer master?

Because I have come across a scenario like following:

I maintained a condition record properly for export taxes and trying to create Sales order but still it is saying MWST is missing.

The condition record validity is also correct and the sales order pricing date is 31.01.2011 and condition record valid on date is 15.12.2010 and valid to is 31.12.9999.

And someone from our team said the VAT registration code for SHIP TO PARTY is mandatory and it affects the determination of TAX Code.

Can any one explain why is it so and how it affects?

Regards,

Nanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In some countries, like the EU countries, the VAT registration is required, although you will only get a warning when you don't maintain the VAT registration number on the customer.

Although you are dealing with an export you might want to maintain the export tax condition for MWST, with a percentage of 0%. And you might see that everything works as intended.

Regards,

Jan Pel

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned before, check the pricing analysis on why the tax is NOT pulling in the pricing procedure. If the scenario is related to EU, then you may read OSS Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your customer and material masters.

whether tax indicators are entered or not as per condition record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

AS far as i know there will not be any taxes for exports.

check whether the plant has determined in your sales order. And maintain the correct tax code in the condition records

regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

check your customer and material masters.

whether tax indicators are entered or not as per condition record.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I maintained a condition record properly for export taxes

Being an export shipment, why you have maintained tax details which are exempted ?? VAT number will have effect only in case of domestic shipments.

Assuming that you meant to say that in VK11 for condition type MWST, you have maintained the correct tax code, check in sale order condition tab by clicking the "Analysis" button what message system is showing for this condition type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi