Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation object to disable server selection in SM36

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to disable server selection(Execution Target) in SM36 Tcode if so ,what is the authorisation object for it??.This is as part of the preparation where we want to make specific Batch server so for all the batch jobs the default server should be only one.

Also somehow SM36 auth was given to users and the jobs are being executed on central instance which we want to restrict ,so want to disable the server selection field in SM36.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no option to disable that. (correct me if am wrong). i think this might possible with ABAPER help.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP documentation (F1 help on that filed may guide you on default server selection.

On the other hand SM36 given to user raise my eyebrow. It should not be the case.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make the field- Exec Target invisible by creating a transaction variant for SM36 via SHD0 and then give access to users to the variant transaction thus restricting users from selecting the central instance to execute their jobs.

Thanks

Sandipan