cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Archive directories in Sender file channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirment is to have multipple archive direcotories in Sender file channel.

We have multiple source dirs e.g.

c:/abc/

c:/bcd/

c:/cde/

and we want to archive the files from these source dirs to corresponding archive directories e.g.

c:/abc/archive

c:/bcd/archive

c:/cde/archive

I can see that we can have only 1 archive directory when the processing mode is kept as "Archive"

How can we achive the same , Please help

Thanks in Advance,

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RKothari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I guess you don't have option to archive files in different directories using single CC.

You can archive the files in 1 directory and then run a OS script, which will place the files in different directories (using NFS as protocol).

Some reference:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPXIFileAdapterOSCommandLine+Feature

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10392. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

-Rahul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From one Sender communication channel setting, it is not possible.

You can use multiple CC & Sender agreements for this issue.

But you have to use multiple sender messages for doing the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone for your replies.

OS Runtime commandhas been used at Receiver channel in all the provided referneces .

I want to use the script at Sender channel only .... can this be achived?

Can anybody help me on the Scipt writting part?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can write a Script to copy the file from one location to multiple locations.

RUN OS Command after message processing, put the path of the shell script file or place the commands there itself.

For the code Google it you will find plenty of codes, or else you can check in SDN also i, lots of codes are there.

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jyothi,

What said by Rahul and Pinangshuk are correct. We cannot archieve into different directories using one CC. Else you can archive to one folder and write a OS script to move the files into different folders.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

This is not possible with one sender file adapter...You need to have different CCs for keeping archieve files in different directories.

Similar discussion here

Else, you can use run operating system command in CC, there you have to write a script to archive files in diff directories...

With Regards,

Pinangshuk.