cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Determination in DIP for DP81

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some doubts in determining the materials using the DIP for quotation.

My scenario is like this:

1. I have no. of FG products, which are created as Material master in the system.

2. Each material master is having a BOM.

3. I create an Inquiry for a customer for 1 FG say 12345 for Qty 2

4. Then a project is created for the Inquiry and cost planning is done for the BOM and with some other additional costs, like transportation etc...

5. A total costing is arrived.

6. Create Quotation using DP81.

7. Here in DIP profile i ahve entered the FG with the material determination criteria as the Cost elements

8. System is creating the Quotation.\

Until this is fine...

But when I create Inquiry for a different FG material, say 234578, this also i have entered in the DIP, with same material determination criteria for this material as well (cost element group).

System creates quotation for the material 12345, since the condition matches for this material. I know that the material determination criteria is wrong.

but how can I differentiate 2 materials in the DIP for material determination criteria other than cost element. Since my cost planning will have the same cost element all the times for all the FG material.

Hope I was able to explain you my scenario properly.

What I all need is in material determination criteria, which characteristic I can use so that the 2 fg materials can be distinguished for showing in the quotation based on the cost planning of PS.

I can user WBSE characteristic, but its not a good idea, because every time I create a project I have to enter the WBSE in DIP.

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I dont think you need to maintain the material determination in DIP always. This is needed only if you want to replace the material in the source document with the material in the DIP.

This is the scenario in HR timebooking, where a PO will be created without a material and then based on the PO, resources book their time in CAT2 etc..... The costs will be accrued and available in the profile. So for this scenario, if an invoice has to be created using the PO, a material is mandatory and in that scenario, a logical material (say mat with description as Resource Billing) is used.

In your case, you can just leave the material determination blank in DIP. Now the material from the source document will be used for the document created using the DIP in DP* transactions.

On the contrary,

you can also keep the tick Material direct on even if you provide a material in the profile. In this case, it will take teh material from the source document for sure.

Edited by: SNavaneetha Krishnan on Feb 2, 2011 12:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thnx for your reply, I have tried as mentioned above, but with material field blank, it throws an error message in DP81*Charater. combinations W/O mat. assign. DIP profile ZPSSDQT2.

I have even ticked material direct.

for your information in DIP profile the source criteria is blank, the characteristics relevant are as follow:

1. Accounting Indicator

2. Cost Element

3. Material

4. Transaction Currency

5. Unit of Measure

6. WBS Element

Regards,

Praveen

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the valid values for all these characteristics. like for cost element, the cost element numbers which are valid for the DIP, the WBS elements which are valid for the DIP etc...

If this is not done, then DIP will not pool the data using these values in the transactions. May be thats why you are facing the problem.

For all the characteristics, you have to select the source and for the sources, you have to maintain the selection criteria. Then your transaction which is assigned to this DIP profile should have only these values for the sources. If this matches, then you will not face any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,

I have maintained the required source criteria.

I have got a logic for the material determination, I think I can use WBSE as the material determination criteria. But instead of maintaining individual values, I can create a set for the WBS element and enter all the WBS elements as on required in the set, as it is a front end transaction.

But after creating the set using GS01 or from the DIP profile, it is giving an error message while entering in the set field.

The entry of group ZWBS1 is not valid

Message no. GR383

Diagnosis

The entry of set ZWBS1 is invalid, because it is a selection variant or contains a selection variant.

Since values that are selected with selection variants can change at any time without changing the definition of the group, selection variants cannot be used in the following positions:

In the columns of a Report Writer report

as default sets for set variables

System Response

The entry is rejected.

Procedure

Enter a group that does not contain a selection variant.

Can you please help out in solving the problem.

Praveen

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am not too comfortable with WBS as selection variant. But what i know is that you cannot assign any standard WBS element in DIP. You can assign only those WBS elements which can be assigned int ransactions also. So try it with some other WBS elements in GS02. If it accepts, then may be the problem is with the WBS element. Please post the result so that I can explore little more if I can and need to

Also check the OSS note 169973. It talks something very similar to your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have entered the operative WBSE in the set in GS02, I dont have any std. WBS elements created in my system.

The above note is not relevant as my system release is ECC 600 EHP4

Praveen

Edited by: b praveen savan on Feb 2, 2011 4:18 PM

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I am also not clear about the problem then. Lets see if somebody else is updating this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some please help me in solving this problem??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi praveen check out the "No Summarization " option from the dip profile.

AP

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i understood correctly

you are creating a project by atttaching FG material in project.

then assinging project to inquiry

& running DP81 for quotation ......right

your requirement is you want quotation to have Finished Goods in quotation with quantity & cost

for this

-- create one service material (DIEN) , maintain that in DIP profile Material determination ( no need of FG)

-- add FG in project with quantity , cost , additionals

-- run DP81 , u will get the FG in quotation

for this in DIP , select DI w / material -

in usage

select cost element chr relevent mat det no summ

material chr relevent no summ

obj no chr relevent no summ structuring

obj typ chr relevent no summ

Transaction Currency chr relevent no summ

Unit of Measure chr relevent no summ

select material direct, individual , coversion quantity

let me know if u have any clarifications

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want the same material to appear in the quotation - the one you entered in inquiry

The in the materila determination source - keep material number blank, tick material direct and individual

In the criteria give the set with material numbers

In the material master cost estimate 1 tab tick material with origin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try using Material number itslef as the characterstic?

BR

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, there will be common materials for both the FG materials.... its not feasible to determine properly.