cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI JAVA Post Instalaltion Steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

we have upgraded our BI Landscape by the EHP2 successfully. Then we made system copy of BI Production to BI Development sucessfully;

BI-Java / Technical Configuration of BI Java (repeatable ,reproduceable)

This is BI Development System , System copy of BI Production, we want to continue the post installation steps of BI java for the BID system, the buttons are disable to start / resume / retry .

Pleae Advise.

*+BI-Java PostInstallation Steps

Carry out the basic configuration steps required for the functional unit BI-Java.

It is setting up the necessary connections between the BI system and the portal.

It also creates JCo destinations which are needed for using the planning modeler.

For more information about the executed steps please see +*

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all participants

unfortunately; the SAP has been distabled to run the CTC template; i have done the manual configuration. the system went live without problem.

Regards

0 Kudos

HI Anwer, could you please tell us what have you done for manual configuration?, thanks and regards.

Eduardo Vega

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..you can run the template for BI-Java after system copy. For this you need to adjust j2ee engine setting as mentioned in System_Upgrade_Copy.zip file attached in note 917950. Also refer note 923359 for details.

I hope this will fix your issue.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neraj

Thanks for your replying!

I go through the attached system upgrade zip file and restarted the instance after changing the setting as mentioned.

the buttons are still disable to start the configuration.

Regards

Edited by: Anwer Waseem on Feb 2, 2011 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I found the following logged in my log and traces; this could be the reasons that buttons are disabled to start the BI JAVA POST Configuraiton

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "CTC_IMPORT" does not exist.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBAccessDefault.getConfiguration(DBAccessDefault.java:586)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.readConfig(PersistenceHandler.java:102)

Please advise what should be more check to continue the configuration!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly check you sld connection, then check the RFC connecting to the backedn system in Jco Provider is fine or not?

I think you have to manually setup the webdynpro BI mete data connections.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vamshi

Sorry for the late reply; i check the SLD and JCO connection is perfect working.

In my BI-PRD System which is the source system; we found the same issue in my source system after upgrading the EHP2.

The BI Java post installation steps are disabled and cannot continue there; that'z why the BI-Dev system which is the target system has same error.

Please advise How to enable the steps to continue!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Is there any suggestion of advised about the CTC_Import error? which is stopping me to run the template because; all buttons are disabled.

This happend after the EHP2 Upgrade. I have applied the latest LMTools but no luck, its remain same.

I have opened the message to SAP with high alert but still no response from there.

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "CTC_IMPORT" does not exist.

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.DBAccessDefault.getConfiguration(DBAccessDefault.java:586)

at com.sap.engine.core.configuration.impl.persistence.rdbms.PersistenceHandler.readConfig(PersistenceHandler.java:102)

Please advise what should be more check to continue the configuration!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

We should only trigger the template configuration after a new installation only. As you did the system copy best way to reconfigure BI-Java setting si to do all the steps manually.

Please look out the sap note which contains the detailed steps to configure/check BI java configuration.

Regards,

Neeraj