cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI - /SAPAPO/SDP_SELECTOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am implementing the BADI /SAPAPO/SDP_SELECTOR for some extra selection fields. I tried the example provided by SAP. I could add the new field BSEKZ to the selection, F4 help also working fine. However when I select this field from the drop-down and after selecting a value from the F4 help, and execute, the whole transaction dumps, the dump says its timed-out. Is this because the no. of records coming in is huge or anyother reason for this time-out? I also tried the same giving a material and then BSEKZ field, it works fine, the problem is when am just using BSEKZ field.

Can someone please give me a solution?

Thanks,

JM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have filtered the ct_value_list internal table on BESKZ field which you will enter in Shuffler.Method to write the code in it is LOC_PROD_VALUE_LIST in the BADI.This will filter the values on basis of selection criteria given on input screen in Shuffler.

Also check the no. of products in /SAPAPO/MATLOC table only for BESKZ field value for which you are doing this test.If the no. of records are in millions then definitely it will take time to load the data in planning book on basis of only BESKZ field.But it should not give dump for timeout.

You can try to implement below SAP notes for better performance in Planning Book.

608985 and 1287766.

If you need further details please let me know.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh for your quick response. The problem am facing is once the execution leaves the F4 method, it gets timed-out before it comes to the method LOC_PROD_VALUE_LIST. I had put a break-point in LOC_PROD_VALUE_LIST to check if this is causing the problem.

I will check on the SAP Notes which u sent me.

Thanks,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put the BreakPoint in F4 method and INIT_OBJECT_LIST method and see whether anything is there which is causing the problem.In F4 method, cv_value should contain the value which is entered on selection screen shuffler.In my case this BAdi is working perfectly.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have put the break-point, also checked the CV_VALUE, this variable is getting populated with the selection screen value. I did observe another, the time-out issue is not happening in the DEV box, i checked with the BASIS, in Sandbox the time-out parameters is around 10mins, but in Dev its 30mins. In DEV it works fine, but takes around 15mins for the output to come.

I had also put a break-point in LOC_PROD_VALUE_LIST, when I put a MATNR in the Selection Screen, the table IT_MATLOC gets around 10-15entries, but when give BESKZ in the selection-screen, all the materials come into this IT_MATLOC table for processing. I dont know which method is filling IT_MATLOC table. Let me know if you have somemore details.

Thanks,

JM