cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM program currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I find bit user confusing is mixing different transaction currencies in the global IM program. My question is what would be the best practice for the global IM program?

Having one global structure or one per country to avoid currency mix?

In the second option is there any good way to join several programs into a single view apart from BI?

Also for the master data locking reason seems better to go for several hierarchies...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, create top IM program level on the level of Controlling area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am able to create different top poistions with different currencies but with the same controlling area. Check whether it is creative in your system.

" Regardless of which currency you use for budgeting, the system always translates the entered planning and budget line items into the controlling area currency and object currency, and updates the values in both currencies. As a result, you can display the current plan or budget in either the controlling area currency or in the object currency in the planning and budgeting functions at any time. "

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create One top position per country. This solves the Currency & Lock problems both.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about reporting? Any report in ECC to join several IM programs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ok. Create one top position without currency.

In the second level, create one position each for your countries & enter currency there.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is creative, but I guess never tested as your other suggestions.

Position will always get a currency assigned from the CO area.