cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for "Stacks and Patches" upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody tell me how long they would expect an annual stacks and patches process to take?

A company has three ERP servers, Dev, Quality and Production.

The process is to start with a copyback from production into Dev and QAS. Then I understand the support partner is performing some testing etc.

At the moment I am being told 6 weeks to complete the testing in Dev (starting about now), then 6 week in QAS (starting on one month).

This seems excessive to me.

Any insight into the process would be very helpful so I can understand the impact on projects.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For ERP 6 / 6.04, you can consider 6 - 10 hours for patching with standard memory settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's depend up on the Hardware configuration of your servers. If you have good Hardware configuration it will be completed early.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.

As you can tell, I am an application user, and no hardware or admin expert.

How does the hardware affect the time it takes? What sort of variables could there be on the hardware. And overall does 6 weeks sound reasonable?

Basically we are unhappy with the performance of our support partners, and think we are at the end of the queue for most things as we have no in-house SAP knowledge. We do have some hardware expertise though.

Many thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case your system is based on a 64 bit server with minimum of 4GB RAM and good physical memory, then it will take less time for patching.

Kindly specify the hardware details in the thread, it will be easier to judge the time required for patching.

Rgds,

Soujanya

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happen is that you have posted a Logistics question on a technical forum.

From the logistics point of view is hard for me to tell you if six weeks of testing is excessive or not without knowing the facts. All depends on how many modules you use, how customized is your system, headcount you have for the tests, etc. You need to create a testing schedule with your functional leads and work with the people that knows on how much time you'll spend testing what in each of the systems.

Regards

Juan