cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating Acccounting Document before billing is created ( VF01 )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on ECC6.00 . As it is a standard feature that SD billing is created and then the billing details are submitted to create accounting document . If the system fails to create the the FI document, the billing docuemt still exists in the system.

Is there any way to roll back so that billing document is not saved. I was searching for a BAPI which can simulate the billing and I found one BAPI_BILLINGDOC_SIMULATE, but the documentation says that it is obsolete as of reales 4.6A .

I need suggestion on how to stop the billing document not saved if creation of accounting document fails.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is possible, but not sure.

There are various user exits from EXIT_SAPLV60B_002 to EXIT_SAPLV60B_011. They are available in the include SAPLV60B in the function group V60B.

Using one of these user exits, you can verify whether an account document is created or not (but not yet saved). If it is created then you can allow the invoice saving, else you can just get out of the transaction without saving the invoice document.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is to inform you that,

that means you are looking in such a way that, if an accounting document is not raised by the billing document then that billing document also should not get saved - right.

please check this:

Name BillingDocument

Business object ItCustBillingDoc

Short description Billing document

Dictionary ref. VBRK-VBELN

New in Release 21A

Functionality

You can use this method to cancel a billing document.

As an input parameter, you are expected to enter a billing document number in the field BILLINGDOC_NUMBER. This corresponds to the document to be canceled.

This method can be used not only in the simulation run (TESTRUN = 'X') but also in an update run including update (TESTRUN = ' '). Both execution variants send back any errors that have occurred to the output table RETURN. If the document to be canceled has been correctly processed, information on successful processing is sent back in the SUCCESS table. This ouptut table delivers in particular the document number of the cancellation billing document in the update run.

Notes

Required entries :

BILLINGDOC Number of the billing document to be canceled

COMMIT Control :

In the update (TESTRUN = ' ') the update is carried out by COMMIT

WORK using the methods available.

please correct me if i am wrong.

hope this clears your issue

balajia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks balaji,

The requiremenet is not to save the billing document if FI document is not created. I dont want to save and cancell the billing document. Moreover the BAPI that you have suggested is obsolete as of release 4.6A.

Best Regards