cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using "Related Applications" to pass parameters to filter other SPM Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This thread refers to using the Related Applications functionality to pass paramters to open other SPM reports with that value

We can pass paramters successfully and can open up specific reports in the flex GUI, but not combine to two.

How can one open a second Report within the flex GUI thats filtered based on the parameter from the first?

So for example, if we wanted to view a list of suppliers and spend with each customer, then open that same supplier to view other "measures".

The following help wasn't sufficiently illuminating:

[Related Applications Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_spm21/helpdata/en/99/0cc74ae10b467388c6fe40c6bc2f79/frameset.htm]

Many thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Neil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Related application functionality is intended to launch external application and not for opening other reports or adding additional fields within SPM.

You have 2 options:

- If you want to add additional measures for a given supplier, you can filter on that one specific supplier using the context menu and then adding additional measures from the modify table

- If you want to jump to a pre-defined reports you will need to use a functionality called detailed report.

How to build and use detail report:

- Build your 'To report' and save it under a special folder called 'Detail Report', you will need a special 'Content Creator' role to locate this folder. Please ensure you assign your role for this activity and then remove once done. If now this could have some adverse affects.

- Under measure properties 'Detail report' tab add your 'To report' from the left hand side to right hand side pane

- Execute your 'From' report', make sure this report has the measure to which you associated the 'To report'

- Using the context menu in the measure you can now jump to the 'To report' and the system will pass all the values

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I've had a good root around and I'm a bit stuck at this point:

"Under measure properties 'Detail report' tab add your 'To report' from the left hand side to right hand side pane"

I just wondered if you could clairfy this for me? I'm a bit unsure of what's meant here.

Many thanks

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I had another wave of inspiration and realised what you meant.

Many thanks for your help

Neil

Answers (0)