cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kerberos real name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I´ve the doubt with theKERBEROS_REAL_NAME of the configuration.

The help.sap explains this:

p:

If the system C11 is running on account SAPServiceC11 of the domain Domain.example.com, you would enter:

p:SAPServiceC11@ REALM.EXAMPLE.COM

My question is, always substitute the REALM for the Domain???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand your question.

Usually in the Microsoft Windows world, the Domain controller is also the Active Directory and is also the KDC.

In that case the Kerberos realm is equal to the Windows domain which is equal to the DNS domain.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

My doubt is that If always have to put REALM.example.com when the name of the domain is domain.example.com

The help.sap explains this:

p:<WINDOWS_USERNAME>@<KERBEROS_REALM_NAME>

If the system C11 is running on account SAPServiceC11 of the domain Domain.example.com, you would enter:

More thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

You shld maintain value as

p:SAPServiceC11@ domain.EXAMPLE.COM. It shld be domain of SAPServiceSID user only.

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

For to apply the SSO for KERBEROS, are there any prerequisite previous at this steps?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/0ebf6c9b2b0d1ae10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer to your question is in the help link you provided :

where <KERBEROS_REALM_NAME> is the Kerberos realm that the SAPService<SID> user belongs to. This is typically the Microsoft Windows domain converted to uppercase characters. This is typically the Microsoft Windows domain converted to uppercase characters.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the thing that I confused me is other text on help.sap.com that explains and example, and change the domain for realm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it so difficult to understand that SAP help means :

<REALM> = <windows domain in upper case> ?

I can tell it to you in French if you prefer...

PS : You have to understand the concepts before doing configuration and not trying to aply a "step by step procedure for the same"...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Olivier more thanks.

Answers (0)