cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 7.01

0 Kudos

SAP's PLM 7.01 is in ramp up as I write this.

We are currently in the design stage of implementing ECM.

Does anyone have any detail information about PLM 7.01? I have gathered a couple of peices of information (including LeverX webinar), but there is a great lack of information on the Web about PLM 7.01.

What we need to find out is "Is should we wait for PLM 7.01 or continue on our initial path of using Change Masters (CM) and Notifications?" That is...

If we use CMs and notifications, will it be a complete rewrite to go to PLM 7.01 if we choose to do so?

PLM 7.01 looks like it has the functionality we want, but without details we do not know.

Does PLM 7.01 use the CM and notification tables or are there completely new ones and if so, are there utilities to convert?

If anyone can point me to more documentation that would be really great

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

As mentioned, GA is supposed to be in the May/June time frame. That would be good if it can be verified.

What I would like to know is if there are any details available so we may begin working on technical design (at least get a jump start).

That is, the best that I have so far is the demo Webinar by LeverX in December. It is very good, but no details.

So if anyone has anything, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

I think the webinar you are referring to was presented by myself and a few colleagues from SAP.

Regarding your question about tables, 7.01 does not utilize the SAP notification tables (e,g, QMEL). There are different tables like ECR_HDR etc. which store information contained in the new engineering record. The tool is built mainly on the Case Management framework.

My team, led by Eric Stajda, has been involved in implementing an ECM project in Palo Alto, CA. This solution is completely based on SAP PLM 7.01, with digital signatures, BCV reporting, collaboration etc. You can find some additional information here --> http://www.sapplmworld.com/2011/04/engineering-change-management-with-sap.html

Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone from LeverX and we can better answer your questions. I don't want to use this forum as a marketing plug, but you raise a question that is pretty wide and we need to understand your requirements before being able to make an intelligent comment. Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Right now you are working on SAP PLM 7.0 ?

Because CMs with Process Routes in 7.01 is really superb. We are using Case Magagement too for CMs. Please let me know if you need any info realted to CMs, ECR, Prcess Routes, Notificaions.

Thanks,

Tarun.

0 Kudos

Thank you Shobhit, we are currently in contact with LeverX , in particular Parag Joshi out of Chicago. We had the greatly pleasure of meeting Eric at our place and have worked with Christian Hoeninger out of Florida. When we complete our process flows we will be requesting Christian's assistance again. We anticipate a July time frame.

Please do add any additional information as possible to the forum as I believe that there are many others extremely interested in the same topic.

Thanks again for the update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brian,

We are also in a similar situtation. PLM 7.0 did not have the chnage records functionality which is available in PLM 7.01.

Although the tables are the same for notification, it will not be accessible in standard PLM 7.01 through NWBC.

May be through some enhancement that might be possible.

But the new change record functionality is quite good and may suffice your requirements.

Regards

Prasad K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Brain,

I think it will impact your design decisions.. I say this keeping your requirements in view "... should we wait for PLM 7.01 or continue on our initial path of using Change Masters (CM) and Notifications?"

I think waiting for PLM 7.1 will be better personally as it brings good amount of changes to "Engineering Change Management".

7.01 has lot of changes wrt to notifications and workflow. It brings in Adhoc notifications and more capabilities to existing standard workflows. It is also too early to talk about utilities to convert I don't think there will be any in near future!

It is supposed to be available as "GA" some time in May / June.

regards

NK