cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT NOTES via an invoice to an intermediate business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'am quite new in SAP and I am fighting to find a solution in creating credit notes. I ll try to explain you the scenario I want to build:

There are 2 company, the A which sells licences and the B which is the customer, the buyer of the licence.

There is an intermediate business partner which works for the company A and sells licence.

Time T: The company A sells a licence for USD 100000.- to company B via the intermediate business partner.

Time T+1: The company B pay the 100000.- to company A

Time T+2: The company A pays the intermediate business partner, they give him 10% of the licence value contract.

How should I compute that?

I want to make provision of 10% on the invoice and then pay the intermediate business partner with a credit note (with reference to the invoice of 100000.-)

Thank you for your help,

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked at this functionality and realised that rebate processing cannot be implemented here as the business partner is not the person who pays for the customer to A.

You can think of using Customer hierarchies to link the business partner to the customer B. If this is done, it is possible to find out the value of invoices created for the customer B using this specific business partner. Once this value is found out, a credit memo req and credit memo can be created. You can do this for every invoice or on the total value of multiple invoices. But this process is manual and youc annot link the invoices to the credit memo request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your answer!

well, there is no link between the company B and the intermediate business partner..

I thought of something like that:

1. I create a sales order for the material : "licence" for 100000.-

2. I create a rebate agreement (B003) of 10% for "initermediate business partner= M.Wagner"

3.I create an invoice to company B of 100000.-

4. Company B pays 100000.- but 10% is automatically "stocked" in the accounting of company A

5 I create a credit note of 10000 (linked with the invoice) to pay M.Wagner.

Is that possible? if not do you have other suggestion??

thanks a lot!!!

M.