Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC 6.0 EHP4 installation with ABAP+JAVA stack

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to install SAP ECC6.0 EHP4 with ABAP+JAVA stack on windiws server 2008 with oracle.

I have read that for this, we need to install ECC 6.0 EHP4 ready and then upgrade to EHP4 using ehpi installer.

I have found the documents seperately for ABAP and JAVA stack and not for ABAP+JAVA.

I need clarifications on these.

1.Do we need to install ABAP and JAVA instances seperately with EHP4 and then upgrade(In that case I have to install both instances on single host)?

2.Should we give seperate <SID> for both instances and create seperate databases?

3.Hard disk requirement for this set up.(We have 150 GB including C drive)

4.Steps to perform after installing ECC6.0 EHP4 ready

5.Please send me the doc. if anyone has

Anyhelp would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

So, which route did you take in the end? ECC SR3 (dual stack) or ECC Eh4 Ready (separate Java and Abap stacks) ?

S Zakaria

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

The 1st one.ECC6SR3 dual stack and then upgrade it to EHP4.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need clarifications on these.

> 1.Do we need to install ABAP and JAVA instances seperately with EHP4 and then upgrade(In that case I have to install both instances on single host)?

yes, they have to be installed separately since doublestack instances are no more supported for new installations as of EHP4.

> 2.Should we give seperate <SID> for both instances and create seperate databases?

yes - and you install the database software twice (two ORACLE_HOMEs)

> 3.Hard disk requirement for this set up.(We have 150 GB including C drive)

> 4.Steps to perform after installing ECC6.0 EHP4 ready

Check the installation guide at http://service.sap.com/instguides

Markus

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply.

I have two more question.

1.In the installation document for EHP4 ready for SAP ERP 6.0 ABAP.It is mentioned that this installation contains only basic EHP4 for ERP 6.0 and we need to install additional EHP4 functionality in the SAP ERP 6.0 -EHP4 ready system.

It states that atleast Support pacakge stack (SPS) 1 of SHP4 needs to be installed.So If I install this stack using EHPi installer in the post installation activities my SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 will be in place?Please confirm.

2.Can I install SAP SR3 with dual stack and upgaradte it directly to EHP4 at a time?

Any solutions or suggestions from others also welcome.

Regards,

Surya

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Feb 2, 2011 5:57 AM

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Feb 2, 2011 5:58 AM

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1.In the installation document for EHP4 ready for SAP ERP 6.0 ABAP.It is mentioned that this installation contains only basic EHP4 for ERP 6.0 and we need to install additional EHP4 functionality in the SAP ERP 6.0 -EHP4 ready system.

> It states that atleast Support pacakge stack (SPS) 1 of SHP4 needs to be installed.So If I install this stack using EHPi installer in the post installation activities my SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 will be in place?Please confirm.

Yes..

>

> 2.Can I install SAP SR3 with dual stack and upgaradte it directly to EHP4 at a time?

Yes you can do it.....as SAP still supports dual stack ERP systems to EHP4

>

> Any solutions or suggestions from others also welcome.

Why do u want a dual stack ECC ystem?? any specific requirement???

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Edited by: nirmal konchada on Feb 2, 2011 12:16 PM

former_member556881
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for your confirmantion.Our client need to develop Adobe forms that is why they want the Java stack as well.

In the above two options which is the better interms of time consuming and efforts?Please can anyone send me the documentation on upgarding to EHP4 on ECC 6.0 dual stack?

Regards,

Surya

Edited by: mutnuru dinakar on Feb 2, 2011 12:01 PM