cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects: Default unit in project type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have defined my own project type with default unit as Weeks, but nothing is changed in my projects...I still have to plan everything in days...

Which functionality do we affect then by changing my default unit in the project type?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the enhanced GANTT features described above for 5.0 are also available for 4.5 as of SAP Note [1432978|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1432978] (included in SP09). Thereby, also

several other enhanced features for the GASNTT chart are provide, e.g. enhanced printing options.

In case you only nee or want the view options, SAP Note [1382527 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1382527] is sufficient. This SAP Note is also included in SP09.

To activate the new functionality after implementing the SAP Note(s) or SP09, you have to implement method GET_SETTINGS_VIEWS_ENABLED in the BAdI DPR_GANTT, details can be found in the SAP Note(s). Please also be aware that implementing this SAP Note requires manual steps in advance and afterwards (if you don't implement SP09). In SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0, this functionality is available in standard, i.e. without the need to activate it via BAdI implementation.

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you define that, you can see in Additional Data Tab the unit type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, can I do any of my planning in the base unit? Can I plan any of my activities in weeks? Or even make the conversion to the planning in weeks?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niel,

If you are refering to the "duration" (and not work effort) of tasks, as far as I know this is fixed and has to be specified in calendar days. I have had this requirement as well where users want to specify duration in weeks or months, but have not found good solution. The user unfortunately will have to do the math and enter the number of days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Lashan,

What about the graphic view? Cannot we have a view in which the weeks are the minimum unit (like the day's size in the month overview)?

Best regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I go into the "month" view in graphics I do see the minimum unit as week (CW01, CW02, CW03 etc). If I switch to "week" view, then the minimum unit is the day (M, T, W, T, F etc). I do get the views Week, Month, Quarter, Year, Overview, Fit and Date Range when I drop down on the view field of the graphic. I am on PPM v5.0, and I don't remember if this behavior was the same on earlier releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

In cProjects 4.5 in which I'm working the views are more restricted. Truth is that if I set the month view I see the minimum unit as week, but still the scale of the gantt is not the best to follow up on weeks (each week takes 1/3 of the screen in the gantt view, instead of being displayed like a minimum unit). If I set a smaller scale, then the minimum unit is bigger and we cannot follow up in there either...If I could change the scale of the tasks without changing the units in which it is measured in the header that will help to follow up on the weekly planning...

I don't know if there is any chance to do this either in standard way or via enhancement.