cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto ID Reset Table and Column name

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SDNers,

I have a fields of type Auto ID in the main table "Product". I want to reset this at database level so that the count starts at 1.

If any one has already done this, my ques are:

How to find the particular table at database level? Name of the table at database level?

After getting the table, how to know the field/column name?

I am aware I will get it in A2i_CM_Tables.. but I need to know if there are any standard naming convention for the table names at the db level.

Thanks,

Priti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti

I needed to clear auto id field in my repository, and for this, I accessed my database and I changed the value of the field NextAutoID at table A2i_CM_Tables. After this operation, I tested my repository and it presented no problem. The CODENAME field contains the code of the table created in MDM Console.

Regards

Vassoler

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti

When you delete Auto ID Field, and after you create field again, with same name, is necessary you open your syndicator maps to review, because this operation undoes connection between fields.

Vassoler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well instead of going to the database level, it is better to create a new separate field type Auto ID and delete this. I dont think it should impact anyways since the numbers stored in it seems to be not relevent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priti,

You can create a new repository using only schema, this should solve your purpose.