Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot already created from previous document

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

User tries to post MIGO 101 for material with QM activated.

For earlier PO, inspection lots are created at MIGO.

For another PO, the inspection lot is not created. The materials goes to unrestricted and the status GR doc has the value 6-Insp. lot already created from previous document.

Plant/Sloc is same for both POs. Also other PO fields seem to be consistent.

What could be the error?

Thanks,

Saurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check you inspection type is not deactivated in QM view of material master.

Reg,

NNR

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is active.

Material is not batch managed and Plant/Sloc is same as the previous PO.

Can it be such that previous inspection lots are not processed and so new lots are not created?

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correction:-

Material IS batch managed and batch is same as that of the previous document.

Inspection type is 01 - standard SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurav,

In MM02, QM view, settings for 01 inspection type, set option for "Contol InspLot" to <For each material document item>.

Let me know if this does not help.

AKM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cause is the control inspection type setting in the 01 inspection type setup. You have already inspected the batch once so no further inspection is required since this setting says so.

Make the change as indicated by the previous poster and you then you'll always get the inspection lot.

Since this is batch managed material, a second inspection can cause batch value changes for you existing stock. A reject of the second receipt can result in restricting you existing stock depending on how your UD process is set up and if you use batch status. This might not be readily apparent to users if they are not trained for it.

FF

saurav_sarkar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey I figured this out myself but thanks nonetheless for confirming my soltuion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

I am facing the same issue. Please help how u resolved this issue.

Thanks

Neelima