cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Configuration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am having a problem with the smtp configuration.

I have configured it in a Test server. The problem is. the mails are being received by the people of the same domain, i.e our client's domain, but whenever I am trying to send the send the mail to some other domain like gmail it gives the error :-

No delivery to .......@gmail com", as recipient unknown

I have given * in the address area field, in SAP Connect Address Type for node, but still this problem is occuring.

<< Moderator message - Everyone's problem is important. But the answers in the forum are provided by volunteers. Please do not ask for help quickly. >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Feb 1, 2011 5:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to put your company domain don't put default domain as " * ", and also be sure when creating relay agent on your mail domain, add you sap servers boot IP in the relay agent.

Did you schedule the job or not ?

And sender mail id should be there in SU01not recipient.

Thanks,

Parixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was a problem with the Microsoft mail server. Asked my it team and they fixed it, thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, anyone with any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can this be due to these profile parameters:

u2022 icm/plugin_<> = PROT=SMTP,PLG=<prog>*

u2022 icm/server_port_<> = PROT=SMTP,PORT=<port>*

*u2022 is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = :;*

The 3rd parameter is there in RZ11 but the value of the 2nd parameter is missing.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can this be due to these profile parameters:

*u2022 icm/plugin_<> = PROT=SMTP,PLG=<prog>

*u2022 icm/server_port_<> = PROT=SMTP,PORT=<port>

u2022 is/SMTP/virt_host_0 = :;

The 3rd parameter is there in RZ11 but the value of the 2nd parameter is missing.

Sure is missing, RZ11 will show you the paramater defaults even if they are not set.

I don't think this is your problem... Did you do what I suggested earlier?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with others where I seem to have missed the point of mail server settings to send mails externally.Please verify with your mail server team

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to put your company domain don't put default domain as " * ", and also be sure when creating relay agent on your mail domain, add you sap servers boot IP in the relay agent.

Did you schedule the job or not ?

And sender mail id should be there in SU01not recipient.

Thanks,

Parixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had already put * in the set field, but its not working..

Do i have to do anything in the sicf transaction?

Moreover as Juan said the email should b put under su01 tab, but if my requirement is to send mail to an anonymous user not having an sap user id , how can i set his/her email under su01 tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Oliver......

Just check with you mail server admin that your company allows users to send mails to external domains?

If you are able to recivie the mail to your company addresses, then I think your mail server doesn't allow to send mails to other domains.......

Regards,

Vamshi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moreover as Juan said the email should b put under su01 tab, but if my requirement is to send mail to an anonymous user not having an sap user id , how can i set his/her email under su01 tab?

No, I didn't said that... I said you should have YOUR email populated on YOUR user master because the sender mail is required.

You don't seem to be ticking the boxes...

Read,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/SAPtosendexternalmails

All the basic required info is there

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

How to check port 25 is blocked or not?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can telnet the SMTP server in port 25.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check in the SMTP configuration , click on SET button beside internet and put * over there.

Edited by: venkatesh koukuntla on Feb 1, 2011 5:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check in the SMTP configuration , click on SET button beside internet and put * over there.

Only if it is compatible with the mail security rules in the company !

For example, this configuration is strictly forbidden in my company...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Juan, Nice to see u back again.

Surely follow your advice and give you an update. Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to add the IP Address of SAP system into the Relay agent of your SMTP Server. Also double check that port 25 is not blocked and that you have your email populated in SU01

Then try again

Regards

Juan