cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Store Key/Value pair already exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've terminated one installation of a Java add-in for ABAP on Oracle, and started another.

Now, during phase "Install Java Engine" I get the message "A key/value pair with this key already exists in the store" with reference to the secure store. What can I do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like your installation failed just after it inserted the key/value pair, the best option is to remove the key/value pair value and start the install again , the installer would then be able to continue by creating the key/value pair.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

The last post says:

Hello,

I just deleted the existing entries in the secure store and continued the installation. After that, there were no more problems. Starting a fresh installation doesn't sound like a bad idea also.....

Could you please tell me how to delete the existing entries in the secure store ??

Best Regards

Xavier Guardiola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. You are correct in describing the cause. However, I am going ahead with a clean new installation and prevent any kind of interruptions which seems to be the root cause of this issue.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just deleted the existing entries in the secure store and continued the installation. After that, there were no more problems. Starting a fresh installation doesn't sound like a bad idea also.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know how you deleted the secure store entries. I tried to use configtool, but couldn't succeed since installation is not fully complete. What I did for this is I opened keydb.xml and I kept OK for the error part of securestore related phase and restarted sapinst. It bypassed that phase. That was simpler I suppose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

had the same problem and found a solution for it:

Deinstalled (manually) the changes of the 2nd and 3rd installation step --> deleted /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<Instancenr.>/SDM + j2ee;

deleted (or moved) /sapmnt/<SID>/global/security + everything that was created by the installation procedure;

deleted tablespace + SchemaID-User for JavaAddin.

Restarted Installation (step 2 + 3) from scratch --> seems to work now.

The problem with the secure store keys seems to be as follows:

1. The directory structure is created in the 1st installation step (/sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data + lib)

2. In 2nd step (DB) the secure store files are created: SecStore.key + SecStore.properties

3. In 3rd step, the entries seem to be sychronized between J2EE-Engine and DB; if this step is already done and the installation of J2EE is terminated and restarted from scratch , the message "Secure Store Key/Value pair already exists" appears.

Strange problem, found nothing about resetting the secure store key in this phase; hope, that there will be an official note soon regarding the problem soon...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were any of you two able to resolve this issue ?

I am encountering similar error and while looking for a resolution, I ran into this posting. Hence, just wanted to check if you would share the resolution on this board.

Thanks,

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I got the exact same problem, I restarted the installation and I'm getting the same error, did anyone find a solution?

Thanks!