PS-PM Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement Scenario

The client wants to schedule multiple maintenance orders during the

shutdown. The report should contain the Planned and Actual start and

finish date. The planned and the cost actual cost of shutdown should be

known. So for this requirement a project profile has been configured andthe Shutdown activity is taken as project. There are multiple maintenance

orders for shutdown of one plant.

I have few queries

1 - Can SAP PM task list be integrated with Network?

2 - Can Network be generated from Maintenance Plan?

3 - Is it possible to establish relationship amongst the operation of

various maintenance order?

4 - In the case that above actions are not possible please guide us withthe alternate solution or workaround.

Please advise us on all the possible solution on the matter.

Regards

Khushali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushali

You can maintain integration between PM and PS using the PMPS reference field in the tasklist of maintenance orders.

The value of this field is copied into the maintenance order when the tasklist is selected. The refence field is also available in network activities. The values of this field are maintained in customizing.

When you add the same value to a tasklist/maintenance order and a network activity in a project and use trx ADPMPS to schedule the orders you can choose to schedule them automatically. SAP wil connect orders with the same reference to the corresponding PS-elements.

When you use refence structures in PS you can use a predefined structure over and over again. Thus the use of PMPS references is a write-once-use-many action. Relations between activities are on network activity level, not between operations in different orders.

If you want to take it further, make use of the Maintenance Event Builder (MEB). This trx will cancel out double tasks so you won't schedule the same work twice. Furthermore is can help you with the relationships you asked about above when you make use of tasklist hierarchies.

MEB has several more nice features that are beyond the scope of the actual question here.

Regards,

Arno

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think You need DIMP active for MEB and PM/PS Reference Element.

You can go for sub-network by connecting PM order with network activity. Create Network and use time interval for scheduling it as per maintenance plan.

Tnx.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khushali,

I think we cannot assign tasks in maintenance order individually with the networks. But, if you have upgraded to EHP5 functionality, it allows operation (tasks) level cost planning. Here we have the account assignment tab for the task in which we can add the WBS element.

Regards,

Punith.

adam_sobkowicz2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1 - Can SAP PM task list be integrated with Network?

I didn't know about such integration. As I know only PM orders can be integrated with networks.

2 - Can Network be generated from Maintenance Plan?

I have never heard about such creation network from maintenance plan.

3 - Is it possible to establish relationship amongst the operation of various maintenance order?

I doubt if this is possible.

I am not a PM expert but as I know relationship between PS and PM I have never know that such things are possible. But I can be wrong. Ask on the PM forume as well.

4 - In the case that above actions are not possible please guide us withthe alternate solution or workaround.

Another options are available:

4.1 Create projects with network and assign PM orders to network activities and schedule whole shutdown activity.

4.2 Create projects and networks and activity elements in spite of PM orders.

4.3. Create projects and networks and subnetworks in spite of PM orders.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

What you are saying is right and I need to understand if you can establish the relationship of operations between 2 or 3 different orders.If this is possible do guide me how

Thanks for your answers

Regards

Khushali

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Hari

> What you are saying is right and I need to understand if you can establish the relationship of operations between 2 or 3 different orders.If this is possible do guide me how

>

> Thanks for your answers

> Regards

> Khushali

Hi

Hope its possible !!! select operations tab of one of the order ,click on General select relationships, here u can assign other order operations details.

But i am not sure why u need this functionality?

Thanks & Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

The client has shut down activity once a year for about 40 plants and each plant will have multiple orders during this activity and if the operation of multiple orders are to be executed simultaneously than we need to maintain the realtionship across the orders.

Is there a possibility to see how this operations are lined up??? I mean in SAP PS we have something like Project Planning Board which gives the GANTT chart or I could also use report to see Planned start and finish dates along with Actual start and finish dates. Thanks for your help so far

Regards

Khushali