cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ABA notification (SLF1) and Support Mesage (SLFN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I need to understand what is the difference between the two transacton types

ABA notification (SLF1) and Support Mesage (SLFN).

I am not able to understand the following things :

1) Are they inter linked ?? If yes how

2) Where are they used and how ??

3)In which scenario are they used ?? i.e when will ABA be created and when will Support Message be created ???

I have enabled all the settings in the Solution Manager for Service desk and i am able to create "Support Message" from transation "CRMD_ORDER" and also from the web based access... but the above question remain open for me.

I only want my users in Solution Manager(S24) to be able to create a Support Message from satellite system (D24) ,when they face any error and if it is required from the service desk we should be able to create a message to SAP .. which fails ...when i click on the "Action Button" available in the ticketing tool...

Please provide me with some inputs on the above questions ...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel ,

Thank you for your pin point explaination .. It cleared my doubts on the ABA , but i need few more tips from your side if possible.

Now i have configured Service desk from S24 M300 (Solman) -

> D24 M102/103/104 (Satellite System).

There are about 6 end users who use D24 system e.g) FIUSER/ SDUSER/ MMUSER etc .

Now i want them to create a Ticket from D24 system if they face any error/ problem , which is also getting created successfully in S24(i.e via ABA messages).

The place where is am stuck is .. when this ticket is created only the following fields get detected

1) Reported by

2) IBASE Component.

I have created SOLD-TO PARTY in S24 system , but it does not get detected automatically . How can i configure it so that Sold-to party can be detected say depending on IBASE/COMPONENT.

Also i have created various "Support Teams" under "PPOMA_CRM" Org model , but i am not able to see it when i use the search option for the field "Support Team".... How can i link it ??

The Other issue is since we have very limited User License in Solman system , we cannot give access to N number of access to the users , hence what i did was created BP(Business Parnter-->Person) and assigned them

"EXTERNAL BP Number" --> D24 104 SDUSER(User in D24 system) ... Is this a rite process ???

Please guide me , if there are any specific SAP Note do let me know...so i can read and resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

i think you might want to have a look at https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000122472008E.PDF

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Miguel,

Thank You once again for your quick reply , the document is really very helpful.

I still have few doubts .. hope you wont get irritated by my never ending questions...

I created teams in PPOMA_CRM , but the problem is no "Business Partner" is created/seen in PPOMA)CRM when i create a new team

Check for: Organizational unit CONS_SG (O 50000035)

Check OK

Scenario-specific checks ok

End check for: Organizational unit CONS_SG (O 50000035)

But no Business Partner (4th Coloumn) in PPOMA_CRM screen.

Is there any specific reason for this ???

If possible please also provide me link to documents which will give me information on ChRm Enabling using Service Desk.

Thank you once again .

Regards,

Victor !!

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

You can check the series of ChaRM blogs by Dolores Correa here:

/people/dolores.correa/blog

The best ones to check out are the 'first steps to work with ChaRM' or something like that, and the 'working examples' series.

Also http://service.sap.com/solman-rkt has good How-to documents.

About your question about PPOMA_CRM, I am afraid that I don't know about that. I suggest you to enter a new thread, as this one shows in the list as answered and will probably not attract so many people who can answer you better than I .

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

I created teams in PPOMA_CRM , but the problem is no "Business Partner" is created/seen in PPOMA)CRM when i create a new team

Sol:

Go to the following IMG path: Customer Relationship Management -> Master Data -> Business Partner -> Integration Business Partner-Organization Management -> Set Up Integration with Organizational Management.

Find the entries starting with HRALX. You should  maintain following enteries

HRLAX - HRAC with the value X, Save.

HRLAX-OBPON with the value ON, Save.

That's all for this activity.

Then again make organization units BP will be created automatically .

Regards,

pankaj

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will try to give short concise answers, please let me know if you need more detail.

As introduction, let me say that before Solution Manager was released there was a way to open messages from SAP systems, these messages were the ABA notifications. With Solution Manager, they are linked to CRM documents (SLFN) for extended functionality.

1) Are they inter linked ?? If yes how

They are. For all SLFNs there is an SLF1. In the document flow of an SLFN you can see the ABA notification.

The link is both the SLFN document number and CRM GUID of that message in the header table for ABA notifications, and vice-versa.

2) Where are they used and how ??

They are used for Solution Manager Service Desk messages. They are two parts of a single functionality.

3)In which scenario are they used ?? i.e when will ABA be created and when will Support Message be created ???

They will always be both created. The order differs: if you use help -> create support message from a satellite system, the ABA notification will be created in the Solution Manager first, and in the ABA notification action profile there is an action that will create the SLFN automatically. On the other hand, if you use NOTIF_CREATE or the Incident Management Work Center, the SLFN will be created first and an action in its action profile will then create the ABA notification.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ