cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating data in APO demand planning key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a key figure in Demand planning which is not present in Info cube, This key figure is just avaialable in SAPAPO SDP94for manullay key in some data, Now I want to update data in this key figure via extrnal file i.e text file.

Could u suggest some ways for this, Remember this key figure is not present in Info cube, Hence we can not feed in External file to Info cube, We some other way for updating data in this key figure,

Thanks and regards,

Nitin Lavhe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your client is not Ok with standard way of flat file upload, Also If you will get a file from external customer on weekly basis then definitely they will put it somewhere either on local server or application server.

I would suggest, Define the format for the flat file,Ask User to put that file on application server, Write a simple program to get data from that file on application server, Update the KeyFigure using standard BAPIs available,After updation delete that file from server.Schedule this program in background on weekly basis so that every time it will check for new file on server path and update the Keyfigure accordingly.

I know this is a custom development but this will work.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

The simplest way is to make the KF available in one or more of your planning books. Then, open the planning book and use standard "Upload Data" feature from within the book.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply.

But this is not a one time activity, We get weekly flat files from external customer, So user can not each week use upload functionality, I am looking for any automated one time work for this,

Thanks and regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

I gave you the simplest method; no development required. It can be used on a weekly basis if necessary, many companies update their planning areas in this way. Manually.

Another popular method in common use is to create an infocube with the KF, and update the IC with the flat file using the standard file update functionalities of BI. Then, read the data into the PA with a macro or by having the PA KF directly refer to the IC KF. This process can be automated.

Best Regards,

DB49