cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM: Pick HU (=SU) during TO confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding TO confirmation.

The requirement is to allow the fork lift driver to pick any HU(=SU) in the storage bin during TO confirmation.

The storage BINs have put away strategy Bulk Storage. The system is Full WM u2013 HU managed.

I am simulating the process with the LT03 transaction. When creating the TO in foreground:

a) Source SU is empty u2013 which is OK u2013 fork lift driver will choose which SU to pick.

b) Destination SU has only zeroes: 00000000000000000000.

When I create such TO the system gives me an error via sap mail notification: u201CExpress document "Update was terminated"u201D

Error info: SU 00000000000000000000. Already exists.

Solution:

I created a new HU through HU01 and then gave this new (letu2019s say dummy) HU as Destination SU in the process of TO creation.

Now the fork lift driver can choose the real pick HU during TO confirmation. The dummy HU is replaced by the real HU.

My question is:

Is there a solution that the system would automatically generate this dummy HU as destination SU instead of the 00000000000000000000. Or could the destination SU field be empty somehow?

Please help.

Thank you very much in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the movement type config, check 'HU picking control' . If it is '1' try leaving it blank.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funko,

Thank you very much. Problem solved. 10 points.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

probably you have a bug or some enhancement in your system.

In my productive system (bulk storage type) temporary (dummy) destination HU is automatically generated (e.g. 159003200000353355) with status (LEIN-STATU = 6 "To be deleted").

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrzej,

Thank you for your answer. It's a real valuable hint.

Now i can be completely sure that the standard system should run with a temporary (dummy) destination HU - which is automatically generated.

Now i have to find the error, why it isn't working in my caseu2026

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. In LH01, you can assign Pick HU to TO befor confirmation. Then TO Storage Units are copied automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I know that i can assign Pick HU to TO before confirmation.

My question is how to create a dummy TO which points only to storage BIN with bulk storage and has no SU(=HU) assigned.

The picker will assign the SU(=HU) through LH01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this out

Regards,

Shashidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again for your effort.

As far as i can see in my settings - The SU-managed Bulk Storage is active for the storage type.

But still i have to generate a dummy HU with HU01, which i then use in LT03 as destination SU when creating the TO.

The system doesn't allow the destination SU to be emtpy or all zeroes.

Once again:

The process works, but my question is if i can get rid of the step where i manually have to create a dummy HU which is then replaced with the real HU in the process confirming the TO ( picking in the BIN).

Thank you in advance for any new hints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how much helpfull this is for you

But you can automate the pick HU creation

You customize this under transaction : Control of Automatic PICK HU Creation at SPRO - Logist Gral - HU - Basics - WM.

regards,

Shashidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But still it doesn't solve my problem to satisfaction...

I want to eliminate the step for dummy HU creation (in HU02 - all posts above i have mistakenly typed HU01).

When i create the transfer order, there should be no reference to specific handling unit numbers.

I would appreciate any future ideas.

Thnx.