Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement error for line items of previous year

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

User was trying to settle an Investment project for the current period 001 2011. when he received the error :

First settle line items for previous year in previous year. Msg no AW624. Diagnosis says " you have not yet settled all line items of the investment measure in the previous year"

When I see CJIC I find line items which are yet to capitalized to AuC. I have seen the related threads in SDN and also OSS Note 425601. Told the user to open previous year for posting and then carry out settlement which was regretted.

Can I change the message type in OBA5 to Warning . Will this solve the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

closed.

meesha_belani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Suman

I know its a very old post but do you remember what worked for you in this scenario?

I tried adding the message control in OBA5 but this did not resolve the issue since the first acquisition date is not in the same year (its in 2010) sap is giving out an error :Message no. AA310

Error@ Enter asset value date in the same year as posting date 20160126

In  CJ88 i tried to put in the asset value date as 20160126

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can do that

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok I am doing that but when I see OBA5 msg control I see it is blank and have to add a new entry with AW624. So the error msg popped up even when it is not maintained. How is this so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default that message is an error message at program level. SAP has given a provision to maintain that message as W also, that is using OBA5 trnx.

When you enter OBA5 it prompts for the application area enter 'AW', then click on New Entries enter the message 624. online W, batch W.

Then your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi suman

create one new wbs element.Transfer all the cost from from old wbs to new wbs element through KB11N with ref to G/L account.Now u can settle the new wbs element for current period.u can use this option in worst case.

Regards

Hari

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen and even hari for your suggestions but I have gone forward with OBA5 msg control. This should remove the error pop up. Waiting for user to run CJ88 again then I will close this querry.

Thanks again!