cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide a mandatory field in sap standard webdynpro via Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know to hide a column or UI via enhancement. But if we hide a field via this approach which requires an input we will still get an error message to make an entry.

I am trying to make changes in travel management e.g in FITE_VC_REVIEW webdynpro component. In REVIEW_VIEW in Flight Info table I want to hide columns like arrival time, arrival date. However in current scenario these fields are required to be filled in. If left blank we get an error message while saving or sending request.

Kindly guide me where and how to make changes to remove these column fields.

Regards,

Madhvika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do one thing.

Set the attribute manually with some values in the preexit of the method where the validation is happening to pass it.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

how we make fileds/column visible or invisible via configuration while implemention .

Is there any way to remove the column via configurations without writing any code .

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi madhvika,

as told here it is very much possible by coding ...because you wont be allowed to change in the already exisiting layout

regards,

sahai.s

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can remove the UI elements from teh design itself by right clicking on it and slecting remove element.

but still the condition for checking the mandatory field swill be there in the code so for that you need

to write teh code to set some values to those attribute for passing the condition for validation

thanks

sarbjeet singh