Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Receiver Adapter

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Scenario is IDOC to HTTP Adapter:

Here i need to send an xml file to the target system, so how can i use the HTTP adapter to deliver this xml file

when i see the HTTP receiver adapter i could see two options in Addressing Type:

1. URL Address

2. HTTP Destination

So when to use URL Address and when to use HTTP Destination could anyone please suggest, vendor is asking us which is feasible.

is it possible to send an xml file as an attachment or how the xml file will be posted to the specifc addressing type.

is there any internal tool where we can test this.

Regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The URL address is used for URLs that have the http protocol e.g those that do not require SSL. When SSL is required, that is where we use the HTTP Destination. The name of the HTTP Destination is created using SM59 of type G (Abap Connection to External Server). Make sure you are able to install the SSL certificates using STRUST/STRUSTSSO2 and then do an ICM Restart afterwards. For more information about enabling SSL, please refer to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/14/ef2940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Mark

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

There is no difference between specifying URL address or using HTTP destination.

URL address--> we will specify the required details in Communication channel details it self, so that it will connect to taget URL and place the file.

or Create HTTP destination in SM59,in HTTP destination you will specify required details.. then you will use HTTP destionation name in CC, that means when we send data it will call HTTP destination.

i advice to you use HTTP destination proces...refer help documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/43/95bcddd51c60b7e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Raj

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar,

Thanks for your valuble information,

As per my understanding there is no requirement of RFC destination in case of using URL address, when we go with HTTP destination in such case we need to define the RFC destination in PI server with connection type of G. and that's need to be defined in HTTP receiver adapter. (Correct me if i am wrong)

Please clarify me the below doubts for this scenario..

1. Regarding with file name as said by you it will place the file in target url, may i know in what name the files will be placed.

For example: IF 100 Idocs are triggered then how the files are placed in the target URL ( I mean in what names the files are placed) then how could we know which file is related to which IDOC, we need some uniqueness to relate the outputfile with input idoc)

Regards,

--Kishore

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1. Regarding with file name as said by you it will place the file in target url, may i know in what name the files will be placed.

From your question I can see, that you do not really understand, how HTTP works.

There is nothing like a file or a file name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertext_Transfer_Protocol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can not send file attachments with plain HTTP adapter, It allows only main payload and additional attachments are ignored. Would reqire SOAP adapter for this purpose.

Regards,

Francis

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Another quick query..

When should i go for HTTP and when should i prefer SOAP adapter.

can u suggest me in which cases i need to chosse HTTP and SOAP.

Thanks,

--Kishore

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kishore.

Your requirement is at the reciever or target side..

If your receiver side host webservice then only you can use SOAP Reciever adapter as receiver to consume the webservice.

if your receiver side running the application using web servers like JBoss, Websphere then you can use HTTP receiver to communicate with those systems.

Again REST Webservice where you can use just HTTP protocol to send the XML message. In this situation, you would not send SOAP message of the structure soap envelope, body etc...

There are plenty of documents available to learn about both HTTP and SOAP.

Hope I answered your question

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Kishore

When should i go for HTTP and when should i prefer SOAP adapter.

Don't expect answers to all basic questions. You need to search suc questions.

Others, dont answer basic questions. You are degrading quality of threads in the forums.

Regards,

Prateek