cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap proxy communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in scenario file to abap proxy, when i tested it, "Still awaiting acknowledgment" was there in the ack status column.

i just want to know the below questions

1. can we skip/ignore/disable the acknowledge require step when using XI receiver channel?

2. if not, the corresponding configuration should be done in the abap proxy side or not? and can we check whether the acknowledgment has been configured well or not using Tcode SPROXY?

3. if abap proxy is used at sender side, some ack requirement will be occur or not?

Thanks in advance.

Hope for your answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>1. can we skip/ignore/disable the acknowledge require step when using XI receiver channel?

Independend from channel you stop that by configuring report IDX_NOALE, it is done by sending interface

>2. if not, the corresponding configuration should be done in the abap proxy side or not?

No

>and can we check whether the acknowledgment has been configured well or not using Tcode SPROXY?

No

>3. if abap proxy is used at sender side, some ack requirement will be occur or not?

Yes. You can stop it with report IDX_NOALE

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as i checked, IDX_NOALE is for IDOC ack only, what i want to know is for proxy ack.

i just tested by sending message from RWB.

two questions here.

1. is there any way to disable the ack request from PI

2. if not, is it to say abap team have to have some code to respond the ack back from ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do help.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Just have a look at this structure and uncheck the fields if they are already check.

To request acknowledgments you must set the corresponding fields in the PRX_ACK_REQUEST_DETAILS structure to X. The fields mean the following:

Details for Requesting Acknowledgements (Structure PRX_ACK_REQUEST_DETAILS)

Field

Requested Acknowledgment

SYSTEM_OK

Positive system acknowledgment.

The receiver was reached successfully. For server proxies, this means that the implementing class for the server proxy was found and that the method for inbound processing could be called.

SYSTEM_ERROR

Negative system acknowledgment.

SAP Exchange Infrastructure runtime reports that an error has occurred during transfer or processing of the message on its way to the receiver. For example, an error in a mapping program or a missing server proxy in the receiver system could trigger this acknowledgment.

APPLICATION_OK

Positive application acknowledgment

The message was processed by the receiver successfully.

APPLICATION_ERROR

Negative application acknowledgment

An error occurred during message processing at the receiver.

Regards

Pothana

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Please check below threads.

Regards,

Deepak