cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Proxy Transport Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know the transport mechanism for transporting the Java proxy objects from Dev to Quality to Production. My SAP PI version is SAP PI 7.1 EHp 1 service pack 6. I created my Java Server Proxy directly in NWDS and deployed it on SAP J2EE server and created the endpoint configuration in SOA manager - Single Service Adminstration. My question is how do we transport the SAP PI Java Proxy objects( basically the EJB and EAR files) and the configuration done in SOA Manager ? Do we again reconfigure the SOA manager in respective environment(DEV, QUALITY and PROD).

Presently I am using CTS+ for transporting my SAP PI objects(ESR and ID).

Also I have created the Server Java Proxy and exposed it as webservice and I am calling it using a receiver SOAP Adapter. Can I use WS adapter for the same?? When to use WS adapter and when to use SOAP adapter ???

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> how do we transport the SAP PI Java Proxy objects( basically the EJB and EAR files)

You have to create an SDA file for your Java proxy, which you deploy with JSPM to dev. Then you can use CTS+ for transport.

> and the configuration done in SOA Manager ? Do we again reconfigure the SOA manager in respective environment(DEV, QUALITY and PROD).

Yes, you configure SOA in all environments individually.

> Also I have created the Server Java Proxy and exposed it as webservice and I am calling it using a receiver SOAP Adapter. Can I use WS adapter for the same??

> When to use WS adapter and when to use SOAP adapter ???

WS adapter handles WS-RM protocol, which is an enhancement on SOAP. When you want WS-RM, you have to define this already on creation of Java proxies. But SOAP will be sufficient in standard scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I have my .EAR file created in NWDS when I save and build my project. Do I need to provide the same .EAR file to basis person to deploy the same on Quality and Production server using JSPM. Could you let me know can we convert the .EAR to .SDA directly in NWDS or we need to use some other tool. The JSPM can't deploy a :EAR file, it requires a .SDA file for deployment.

How do you add this .EAR or .SDA file in CTS+ for transport.

Any suggestions for me

Thx in advance

Ravijeet

Edited by: RAVIJEET.SAP.PI on Feb 2, 2011 12:34 AM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is what we do in my work area. We treat java proxy(ear) and java mapping (jar) files pretty much same. I believe you dont hard code any connection parameters inside the java code. we just pass or ftp the same jar or ear file to the test environment in the unix file system. Basis team will deploy it to test. If test goes well move the same from test to prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravijeet,

I'm trying to develop a server Java proxy to be used in receiver system. Can you please explain, how you have exposed it as web service? Also, how do we get the target URL that to be configured in SOAP reciver channel?

Thanks

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about the Java proxy objects but believe that the EJB/JAR need to be manually pushed to Q and P server.

For web services, one must always use the SOAP adapter. WS adapter is meant for Web Service Realiable messaging systems only. As of now, only between SAP to SAP integration this can be used, unless you are sure that your target system also supports WS-RM protocol..

VJ