cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for ragged hierarchies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are ragged (i.e. variable depth) hierarchies supported in Universe Designer? Do any of the Business Objects tools provide support for ragged hierarchies or is this considered an ETL/data modeling issue?

We are embarking on a project using the Data Services, Universe Designer and Xcelsius tools and we are trying to figure out how to handle ragged hierarchies.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didier,

You said "Ragged hierarchies will be fully supported with BI 4.0.". I checked the existing documentation and I can see that version 4.0 of Data Services is available. But I don't see version 4.0 of Universe Designer or Web Intelligence reporting. Did you mean that ragged hierarchies will be fully support in a future release of the Business Objects suite or did you mean that it is currently supported? If the future, when will full support be available?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I mean that ragged hierarchies will be supported in BO BI 4.0 the next release.

BI 4.0 is currently in ramp up and is planned to be in GA May or June 2011.

Regards

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier ,

I have gone thought the document of Universe design tool :- SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 created on 2010-12-24 on SAP Portal .

This document dont have any information regarding the Ragged Hierarchy .

Can you please let me know whether downloads of SAP Business Objects BI 4.0 which are available on SAP Portal Supports ragged Hierarchy or We need to wait for next patch or release?

Regards ,

Jeevan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier ,

I have gone thought the document of Universe design tool :- SAP Business Objects XI 4.0 created on 2010-12-24 on SAP Portal .

This document dont have any information regarding the Ragged Hierarchy .

Can you please let me know whether downloads of SAP Business Objects BI 4.0 which are available on SAP Portal Supports ragged Hierarchy or We need to wait for next patch or release?

Regards ,

Jeevan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

I also faced the same problem as Jeevan, so do you have any document regarding the Ragged Hierarchy for SAP BO 4.0?

Thanks.

Regards,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Didier. We are currently planning on using version 3.2 of Data Services and version 3.1 of Universe Designer and Web Intelligence (Webi) reporting. I found documentation on the vertical Hierarchy_Flattening transforms in version 3.2 of Data Services and this seems to support ragged hierarchies. But does version 3.1 of Universe Desiger and Webi handle these hierarchies?

Do we need to upgrade to version 4.0 of the Business Objects suite to be able to make full use of ragged hierarchies?

Thanks very much!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ragged hierarchies will be fully supported with BI 4.0.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see this for complete information.

[http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa198080(v=sql.80).aspx]

All the best.