cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending DMS documents to external users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

1) I wanted to know would be the best option for exposing/sending the DMS documents to external users (with proper security) who are not using SAP GUI. Few options which i know is Easy DMS, c-folder, document distribution, Docs@web etc. Wanted to know the most feasible option for sending DMS docs to external non sap parties.

2) Is document distribution functionality is used for distributing document between 2 SAP systems or from SAP to other no sap system.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I wanted to know would be the best option for exposing/sending the DMS documents to external users (with proper security) who are not using SAP GUI. Few options which i know is Easy DMS, c-folder, document distribution, Docs@web etc. Wanted to know the most feasible option for sending DMS docs to external non sap parties.

Document distribution would suffice your requirement of securely sharing DIR's with external employees(INT/HTP as communication method).IMHO,if you take a holistic view,rarely are these solutions used in isolation.Hence,if the scenario demands extensive collaboration and interaction with both internal and external stakeholders,then DMS alongwith c-folders would be a better proposition given the fact that data can be easily imported/exported from DMS to c-projects and vice versa.

2) Is document distribution functionality is used for distributing document between 2 SAP systems or from SAP to other no sap system.

Distribution can be sent to SAP systems as well as non-SAP systems like personal mails,printers,faxes et-al.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the link mentioned earlier on Document distribution but could not find much on the configuration settings needs to be done for the document distribution. Can you please help me with documents or guideline on the configuration of document distribution... Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I would recommend you invest some time and peruse the wiki section for document distribution in which all the procedures/steps involved have been comprehensively detailed.Once done,simulate the scenario at your end and let know incase you face any issues.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CA-DMS-DCD

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar