cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC extension broke when we marked a custom field for CDHDR

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Apologies if this is in the wrong place - we recently had to make a change to our ECC 500 system. We noticed that although a field ( a custom one at that ) was being included in an IDOC and sent, it wasn't showing up in CDHDR.

So what we did was to change the domain to allow CDHDR/CDPOS to track it.

Then what happened is that it appears to have broken our extension as it no longer sends the extension segment. When we took the change pointer flag off, it stopped sending it to CDHR/CDPOS but it aslo didn't re-eanble the field for IDOC's.

I'm somewhat new to IDOC's but I know a lot about CDHDR and CDPOS. I read elsewhere in this forum that the two are separate, so I don't see how I broke the extension.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get both working ? I know how to get the field tracking working for CDHDR/CDPOS, but how do you also get it working again for the IDOC?

The reason for wanting both is that we want a batch job to go over the day's worth of changes and "undo" mistakes.

Edited by: Bruce Hartley on Jan 31, 2011 12:01 PM

Forgot to mention the transaction we are working with is MATMAS05

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you posted in wrong forum..go to ALE/IDOCs forum group...

if you want to pass the field in the idoc for the extension you need to handle the logic for populating the value to the field..

I am not aware od CDHDR and CDPOS...but we have done idoc extensions..where we have created the segment ..then fields in the segments and finally added the same to the matmas idoc...

finally we handled the logic for populating values to the added fields of segments..

HTH

Rajesh

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Moved to ABAP - Data Integration group