SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM: Availability check on a higher level of Commitment Item than budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

my customer uses variable (not defined) combinations of Funds Center, Fund and Commitment Item to collect budgets and run the availability check.

Now they need to have budgets on lower level of Commitment Items than the AVC check should take place.

E.g:

Commitment Items 1001, 1002 and 1003 are budgeted.

The AVC check for them should run one specific Commitment Item like 1000 for all three items. The budgets should still be displayed in the reports as 1001, 1002 and 1003 (anyway, the available budget can only be shown on 1000)

What do I need in order to meet this requirement?

I'm confused about Budget Address, Posting Address, Control Object, Cover Groups ...

Please help me, thanks so much!

Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

It's standard functionality in BCS, you need to correctly customize AVC addresses in derivation.

Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Budget Control System (BCS)-Availability Control-Settings for Availability Control Ledger-Define Derivation Strategy for Control Objects.

here you need to write logic like this 'If budget address=1001,1002,1003 then AVC address=1000' .

Also you can Test it.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex!

Thanks for your answer!

A remaining problem for me is, the budgeting should take still take place on Commitment Items 1001, 1002 and 1003 (so the users see these Commitment Items in their reports), while on Commitment Item 1000 there is no budget on its own ... how can I meet this requirement?

Thanks!!

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi,

This requirement could be met with cover eligibility functionality.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi, Eli is right, for this you need to make 1001-1003 as a sender and 1000 is receiver in cover eligibility.