Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Mobile data entry - Web SAP Console / ITS Mobile

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

This is probably a question that has been asked & answered a lot of times in the forum, But I couldn't get a clear understanding of RF with Web SAP Console. here's my question:

We are currently using RF with SAP Console with some custom transactions along with the standard LMXX transactions, We are planning to move to Web SAPConsole, since it preserves the GUI look and more intuitive. I am planning to setup a test environment with WebSAPConsole for demonstration. I have worked with SAPConsole, but I have no experience with WebSAPConsole, I would really appreciate if some one can provide me some steps & guidleines on where to start from SAP standpoint , configuration that is necessary in SAP to enable WebSAP console. Do I have to use Web Appln server(WAS) for using WebSAPConsole ?

Also, I heard that WebSAPConsole is being phased out with ITSMobile, Can someone shed some light on ITS mobile, how big of a change is it to move from SAPConsole to ITS mobile, any big customizations needed other than generating templates for the transactions?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks for your time

Kris T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easy:

Try generating HTML template for all your screens in SE80 transaction . Choose LMBP package , choose all the screens, right click and choose 'Generate Templates'. Once you generate, activate your webservice via SICF transaction. Check SAP documentation for details.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod.

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses, I appreciate your time,

I am thinking about which direction to move forward- WebSAPConsole or ITS Mobile ,From your responses, it appears to me that ITSMobile is a better way as a long term solution.what do you recommend from your experiences ? also is there some documentation available for setting up ITS Mobile for RF Devices?

Thanks

Kris T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

SDN has some useful documentation, this one I found useful.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0026c5f5-0eca-2c10-25a3-c0ed87478...

Thanks James

former_member705818
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All,

I guess, this would be good enough to start.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Your understanding is correct webconsole is being phased out and I don't think generating the templates in ITS will take too long.

There are ERP version dependencies for ITS mobile that are worth checking in OSS before going down this route.

James