cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deleting messages in XI_AF_MSG table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We have reached 100% usage of tablespace which contains tables XI_AF_MSG and XI_AF_MSG_AUDIT.

After doing some research, we have seen that the default job of deleting messages in the adapter engine is not working well. Trying to execute the deletion manually, in the URL http:// server:port /MessagingSystem/archiving/reorgdb.jsp and we get the following error:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Error removing messages or audit log entries with expired persist duration.

at com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.impl.core.store.MessageStore.removePersistDurationExpiredMessages(MessageStore.java:851)

at com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.app.ArchivingBeanImpl.removePersistDurationExpiredMessages(ArchivingBeanImpl.java:314)

at ......

And we don't get any more message. Don't know how to delete some messages.

Thank you all.

IGnasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, we added some extra space in this tablespace and we could make the changes.

thank you very much!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast reply.

I have checked default logs and I get the error:

SQL statement is "DELETE FROM "XI_AF_MSG" WHERE "MSG_ID" = ? AND "DIRECTION" = ?".#5#1654#72000#ORA-01654: unable to extend index SAPXIDDB.SYS_IL0000087335C00020$$ by 128 in tablespace PSAPXIDDB

Tables XI_AF_MSG and XI_AF_MSG_AUDIT are in the same tablespace. So, I can't delete messages in this tables because the tablaspace is full? Is not possible for us to get some extra space inmediately, nor have access to oracle directly.

The others jobs, recover is executing ok but not archiving. Gives us a nullpointer exception. There is any way to get free space in that tablespace?

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you get ORA-01654, it might require to increase your tablespace anyway.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/768920/ora-01654-unable-to-extend-index

Could be there are some other tables in that table space PSAPXIDDB

that you would be able to clean up?

Regards,

Francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francis!

I think that all tables in that tablespace are oracle tables, so I cannot get access by now. I imagine i will have to wait until my basis team does it.

Thank you very much!

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you basis team has extended the space, you can clean up your sap system by using Archiving & deletion.

If you need any information on how to do it, pleae refer this blog.

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-1

Regards,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check defaultTraces of J2EE server nodes? there could be some more information about the failed adpater engine job.

Is other jobs in adpater engine working fine like the archive or recover jobs

Also check the PersistDuration set for the adapter engine messages. the parameter is xiadapter.inbound.persistDuration.default in the SAP XI Adpater service. only after this period the messages could be deleted by the deletion job.

Regards,

Francis