Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM items planned cost allocation

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm transferring a multilevel BOM to the project to two different network activities (using reference points) which are assigned to different WBS elements.

The total planned cost of the BOM corresponds to the sum of the price of all the items, what is correct for me.

The issue is that all the cost is assigned to the WBS where the BOM header is assigned. I will like to have the cost distributed accordingly to where the items are assigned, is this possible?

Thanks.

P.S.: I had a look through the Profile BOM Transfer and the Costings Variants but I couldn't find nothing useful.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you transferring the parts as a preliminary demand or firm demand?

Also when you say the cost is seen only for the header material, is this manually added in the component list or via the assembly transfer function?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using transaction CN33 for transfer the BOMs.

I was doing it as Preliminary Requirements, I just have modified the transfer profile to transfer the components as firm demand and now the cost is each WBSE. Thanks!

But what I wasn't expecting, though it might be normal, is that the cost of the items of the BOM which have sub-items are counted twice, by the sum of the cost of all his items and his own cost. I believe it-s standard behaviour, isn't it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a parent & its child are assigned, its quite natural that the cost of both are included & hence the doubling effect.

Answers (0)