cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS Crash because of a Application Popup w3wp.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a report system that runs on a Win2003 Server with Crystal Reports for .NET Framewokr 4.0. We installed the Crystal Runtime 13.0.

Now, every 5 hours the IIS server crash. At the time of the crash we have the following Event in the Event Viewer:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: Application Popup

Event Category: None

Event ID: 26

Description:

Application popup: w3wp.exe - Unable To Locate component: This application has failed to start because SmAgentAPI.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this Problem.

After a restart of the IIS Service, everthing works fine for another about 5 hours.

Does anyone have a clue for me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

What is happening is IIS is running out of memory and the error is popping up in one of our dll's. I don't believe it is the actual cause, CR just can't load any more dll's and that's the one when the system resources run out.

Make sure you are closing and disposing of you report objects when they are done with and using/adding GC.Collect to tell Windows to free up it's freed memory also helps.

To get more info you may need to add logging to your app as well as adding try/catch around every functions and write the catch to a log file to get more info and to help follow the flow.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for your response.

We close und dispose the Report after every print. Our Webserver has 8 GB of memory and the w3wp.exe process uses about 300 MB.

We have this event with the same message everytime the IIS crash .

I've forget to write that this problem occurs since the update of the CR from version 10.2 to the CR for .NET Framewokr 4.0.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Get debugdiag from Microsoft and set it to capture the IIS crash and then analyze the dump file to see if it gives more info.

Thank you

Don

0 Kudos

A quick test.

Stop IIS and then go into: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

and rename secSSO.dll to *.org.

If this is a 64 bit app then go into the x64 fodler and do the same.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)